Set Text Language different from Audio Language

Hello,

I searched around but I couldn’t find any solution.
Is it possible to set the game Text Language in english and the Audio in a different language (like French or German or … ) ?
In the options, as I try to set the first in english it automatically reverts the second to english too.

Thanks a lot for your help! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Considering 99.99% of people will want the text language to be the same as the audio language, I doubt this was even considered.

You can do it from Battlenet launcher options:

Blizzard button (top left) -> Settings -> Game Settings -> Scroll down until World of Warcraft -> change text and spoken language to whatever you want. They are seperate settings.

2 Likes

@Grelier: Thanks, it saves the settings in Battlenet, but once in game it reverts back to english-english … so it doesnt work :frowning:

3 Likes

same here… cannot turn into Text English and Audio German…

1 Like

Any solution, eventually ? Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I have found the same problem. Would be great if this could be possible in the future. Here is a guide on how to set it up, but it would be great if the existing option in the game would just work: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/72ed4z/guide_alternate_language_audio_with_english_text/

But since 8.2 patch you can’t override audio files. I have tried this way to enable different languages in Shadowlands but this doesn’t work.

1 Like

A fix would be nice … it seems to be an old known bug … please fix !

We are probably not a majority who wants to play with english text and native audio but that makes absolutely no sense that this is not possible despite the option available in the menu …

5 Likes

Hey, still no fix about that ?

I just found this today, it was frustrating, though I had selected the wrong game a few times, but opened it, changed it, closed it and opened it again and the option was there, but once i had started the game it was english - english

Considering you are necroing a post that is more than 2 months old, I don’t think the OP will be around to note your response.

A Moderator will be along shortly to close the thread (probably).

Do you think I should create a new post instead?

Hi there!

So firstly, this is indeed not currently an available option I’m afraid.

Secondly, while the advice and/or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may be now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid ‘necro’ posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn’t helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information.

Yours,

Arythwinn