Shadow in Shadowlands

Playing mostly arenas/bgs/m+ and looking for a main since affliction is garbage… and all I ever played were dot classes (boomy is garbage too pvp wise;) Do you think SP will be any decent?

Nobody is going to have a clue. Not to mention what’s good one patch can be pants the next.

One can only hope. Shadow priests have been in a bad place ever since Void Form was implemented in Legion. Blizzard have never quite figured out how to make void form what they want it to be, and as a result shadow priests are suffering. In my opinion, they should scrap the entire void form notion, and start over from scratch. Bring back iconic spells such as Devouring Plague, while improving upon the Sanity-resource system.

Shadow isnt awful if you have the perfect gear and perfect essences, but that is a big if. My shadowpriest is decently geared but it deals severly lower damage in both ST and AoE compared to worse geared players.

I hope Blizzard works hard upon improving shadow, as it is my favorite spec in the entire game. Unfortunately, it hasnt been an enjoyable experience since Legion for me.

2 Likes

Im a healer spec when it comes to grouping,but now that i was forced to dps in visions i can tell you that my windwalker ZUGZUG super fun playstyle is ok. My shadow priest though im having an ABSOLUTE BLAST with it and i love it, honestly shadow is by far the most challenging 4 key spec to play and i love it. Managed to 5 mask stormwind this week with both, hopefully ill destroy rexxar next with shadow because i had a problem bursting him down fast last week.

Its a matter of taste :slight_smile:
Classes always change i guess

1 Like

Tbh, i was perfectly enjoying shadowpriests when they had shadow orbs, the idea of building them up and unleashing that sweet juicy Devouring plague, really hurt a lot even in low lvl PvP, plus imo it was generally a satisfying system.

3 Likes

I agree. Although, I don’t think Blizzard will admit their voidform failure. The result will be voidform in Shadowlands. Devouring Plague has to return tho

1 Like

Whatever you do, just don’t play Shadow for the rest of BFA. Damage wise you’re better off with basically every other class

1 Like

Logs dont show Shadow priests doing quite that badly.

Prolly not the preferred choice however. i know theres ALOT of problems in how Spriest does Damage and other problems… but I’d say you could prolly do M+ with a Shadow priest… although as far as i can tell, it’d become more annoying if ur intending to do +20 keys and stuff.

Agreed, tbf the gap between casters and melee / hunter in M+ generally, not just for shadow, has become absolutely absurd.

2 Likes

Yeah its Kinda sad, that blizz has let it drift this far apart. Making M+ Groups its hard to find actual casters to join, and Melee are so overflooded their surpless. i dont really know where blizzards goal was making the game as Melee Dominated as they are.

I used a boost on a Spriest today haha… first time trying one out since Cataclysm. 440 so far its fun c:.

You can defintely do some dps as a shadowpriest, but even If you do everything perfectly, you will still be outdpsed by a demon hunter without any brains.

Shadow is a spec that is too advanced for the majority of new players entering the game. Why would anyone choose to main a shadowpriest and do less than a demon hunter or rogue, a class that is pressing 5 buttons.

The game is distancing itself more and more from skill, which is why shadow no longer fits the bill.

A lot of the issues surrounding shadow is tied to voidform. If they finally decide to remove voidform, it would be a huge step in the right direction

1 Like

I think being out dps’d by certain classes is a across the board problem. About every specc is getting out dps’d by DHs and rogues.

I feel like we get a decent enough rejig fo our application of the damage. And some additions to deal with more situations. It’d be smoother.

I like void form, it’s abit more unique comparatively to being thrown onto a pure builder spender. But yeah it does need some tuning and moving around.

I wouldn’t say blizzard are distancing from skill.

More offering easy choices and hard choices, there’s no reason we can’t have multiple classes on different levels of difficulty. And it’s quite normal for games to offer this.

It’s uptoo you as a player if you would enjoy a more difficult setting, it shouldn’t impact other players either.

It’s a personal choice. And a personal desire, there’s no need to have every class on one level of difficulty, blizzard have staggered difficulty throughout the game. Compare LFR to mythic raiding for example.

Some people find more difficult or more intricate mechanics more enjoyable. And we shouldn’t strip them of that choice.

Some people For multiple reasons want something simple and want something easier so they can compete. And that’s fine also,

Class balance will never be perfect. There are always specs that will be better than others, that is perfectly fine. To elaborate my point about demon hunters, they are clearly superior to not only shadow, but all specs. They have strong single target dps, they have insane aoe dps. They have tons of self heal (25 % leech in meta!!!), they have arguably the strongest defensive cooldowns in the game, they have unparalleled mobility and to top it off, they have an aoe stun on a short cooldown.

Now what does shadowpriests have? Some self heal, half decent dps, no mobility, no defensives (Dispersion is good, but you trade away ALL dps).

They are clearly making the core gameplay much easier. Classes are generally much easier to play than before, while the raids are harder. This is because the game wont overwhelm the casual players, while those looking for a challenge can raid or push m+ keys. I would call this distance from skill.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.