Shadow Priest Feedback for 9.1.5 and Beyond

I made some suggestions about the AoE of shadow priest in another post: My suggested Shadow Priest changes for 9.1.5

I think it would work well but would need some tweaks, I talked about it in another post and the “eternal nightmare” talent might have to be changed so its not too powerful in large pulls, eg: Searing nightmare refreshes mind sear cast, searing nightmare does 33% less damage, searing nightmare shadows do 33% more damage (or generate more insanity for more SN casts). This way you don’t nerf the small pulls but don’t make the large pulls too op.

I don’t really have a problem with searing nightmare having to be cast when using mind sear, seeing as you’ll probably want to be using mind sear to generate insanity anyway, so I don’t see that it really changes the rotation that much to let you do it outside of mind sear. You’ll still be going “mind sear>searing nightmare>mind sear”, the only difference is you won’t have that initial GCD from mind sear. But you know they could solve that by just making the first cast of searing nightmare in a mind sear cast ignore the GCD.

It’d also be nice to have something which allows us to use mind blast and vampiric touch on the move, like the shaman ability Spiritwalker’s Grace. That would be so useful in bosses like The Eye.

Another thing that might be nice, although possibly a little OP, is to make shadowflame prism also proc off searing nightmare, so it synergises well with AoE.

Maybe not a popular opinion, but here it goes: I like Searing Nightmare. I just hate that it’s not baseline.

Before entering a dungeon you have to think whether it would be worth it to take it, even if it’s just for small parts of the dungeon (think DoS Ardenweald). Moreover, if you are playing with a tank that does not pull big, you aren’t going to get the best value out of it. And then you have these singular packs (like ghosts in ToP) that would be really nice to have it on, but you just really can’t miss out on misery in that dungeon. Not having an aoe spender makes no sense, it’s like ele shaman without earthquake, or balance druid without starfall or something.

So for what it’s worth, please just give it baseline. That would solve a lot of m+ woes for me.

I don’t, only hits enemies around 10 yards, with GCD.
One suggestion is to rework mind sear, that is hitting enemies in a line (like chain lightning), but channeled. Add a damage bonus somehow so it doesn’t do trivial damage. A % proc from somewhere - idk where, that buffs the damage. Simple and effective.

It hits all enemies within 10 yards of the target which isn’t bad, its a 20 yard diameter.

The GCD sucks, maybe make mind sear off the GCD.

It’d be good to make SN baseline so we can have misery for the smaller pulls, it’d solve a lot of problems easily.

For the empty talent slot that comes from making SN baseline, it could be something that doubles down on the AoE, like giving a chance to gain a free SN while channelling mind sear (call it “darker thoughts” maybe :smiley: ).

1 Like

Thats a good idea yes!
Or a passive talent which instead of only applying sw:p at the first cast, applies it and already does the dmg if sw:p would be on the target.

Ok so with 9.2 beign able to equip two leggos where one must be a covenant one…i feel like shadow covenants become irrelevant… just go necro everywhere…or im.missing something?

Maybe they pull out some mirraculous tunning changes…but all cov leggos are for shadow kinda dogno except necro.

Bring back Cataclysm priest…

The Legion priest ruined priest for me, or perhaps its just me that I dont like to play class that i feel i sit on needles and highly active for 100% of the time to upkeep the voidform.

Shadowlands is not perfect, but a lot, lets say, easier to play.

Ofc one can say the insanity mechanic made shadow priest a distinct class and not just dot bot, but I think at least in my very personal opinion, the amount of stress was not worth xD

That is to over powered we were the best passive healer as shadow priest back in cata too.

Blizzard just needs to get it past their head priest feels stale.

Holy priest i don’t know what they did with it also feels stale and more boring now than it did in pandaria.

Their solution with fixing shadow right now

lets buff talents we’ve seen a streamers use once problem solved sort of like blizzard hides behind a blanket winking towards us that void form is so fun.

when it kind of destroyed a fun spec.

blizzard should bring back the utility’s shadow had bringing healers mana back and being able to passive throw a renew on to them self and others .

They should bring back the dark angelic wings we had make them like ret paladin remove void form altogether void bolt is a jokebolt compared to how fun shadow was and isn’t now

Mind sear is like a joke sear compared to how good it used to be.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.