Shadow Priest Podcast

Was listening to it and thought I should share:

1 Like

Basically as i suspected, loudest criers are the ones who never played shadow pre-legion.

Except one, who was still more pvp focused.

Summarizing - everything is extremely bad in BETA because we don’t like to play how shadow priests always were and is since vanilla.

They want play Void form crap, haste cap etc. but not what is shadow always was and is about.

That would be me, despite that I’ve still played this spec in PvE for over a decade.

Literally nobody says this.

What is shadow about? Because if it’s hard casting vampiric touch 6 times in a row for noodle damage then sure shadow is absolutely about that right now.

5 Likes

5 people, self titled as “pro” - world “best” shadow priest players are not reflecting majority players opinion about shadow priests but their own, how they would like to play shadow priest. Which is like a mage/hunter/warlock.

Shadow is a hybrid spec. Yes, spam VT is what shadow is about. DoT as many targets as possible.

I really have not seen or heard anything meaningful but crying how shadow priest are “bad”. Yet these people not suggested or reflected about anything what we really need for spec but only about their own personal agenda to run m+ and AOE everything to death.

Fighting with each other accomplishes nothing; I can only invite you to read the truly well thought out, in-depth feedback that has been given here and in eu/us development forums.

Mage, hunter and warlock don’t even play the same, yo.

The talent trees should be fully able to accommodate SL void form play, pre-legion whatever it was, and functional AoE, something for everyone. VT spam works great for small packs because psychic link on live hits much harder than beta. But honestly if you look at it, literally no other class requires the kind of invested setup to cleave that we do. So like, did you actually watch the video?

I mean, you can have your opinion. But to be straight up rude and insult people wont solve anything and wont get your point across.
Youre just making yourself look more and more like an a-hole that is either trolling or is just rude to sterm some drama.

Which is what youve been preaching in other posts before ppl called you troll…since then you went absolutely berserk on anything that isnt your idea.

What they’ve discussed in the podcast wont affect you in any way whatsoever. Its to make this spec function in content youre not engaging with. Your openworld mindspike spamming wont change, this base structure of the spec is sadly set in stone…so you can relax and be exctited for DF.

1 Like

Idk man. I just want the spec to be good at the content that takes up a massive amount of WoWs endgame. So people can get invited to it, do well, and have fun.

Because right now it’s not, and I see that as a problem.

1 Like

Just Why? Most people hate it and never liked it. Ask for 4 th spec. not make again shadow priest involved in void form crap.

If i can, why so much complaining?

As i said before, they discussed nothing but their own personal needs to perform in m+ the way they want or were able since legion.

No other core things were talked what SHADOW priests really need apart m+. And that’s why self called “best” shadow priest players were extremely hilarious. Like they 5, get to decide how shadow priest should work over Blizzard.

Why it so upsetting and makes you angry for you to see in my profile that i am as you keep calling “LFR or world quest” players? Once again, YOU DONT GET TO DECIDE how people should play this game.

Yes i will do World quest but also m+ and raid.

Continue your endless crying how shadow is bad without even acknowledging core things what shadow is really missing apart whining about how talent tree is bad and m+ AOE.

M+ will be just fine. There are also raids, pvp, world pvp and world content, which is more concerning then m+ AOE which will be fine by release date.

Why will it? Like… Convince me, because it hasn’t been fine for shadow since blizzard added it as content, and it’s not fine on beta now despite blizzard stating one of the main goals of the changes in dragonflight was to fix gameplay in dungeons.

Nothing currently indicates it will, there’s no precedent for it either. So I’m genuinely confused as to why you think it will be.

1 Like

Would be cool if you guys got somebody like StahpSp on something like this (not Anboni, please) to give feedback about Shadow in arenas.

1 Like

It’s Publik’s podcast, the rest of us were just on as guests because the topic of discussion was the state of shadow’s design in beta with specific reference to PvE. I assume if he continues doing podcasts, which I think he should, there will be a variety of guests and topics.

Not here to tell PvP shadows they should have a worse spec because the gameplay in PvE doesn’t make sense / isn’t working. As someone who used to do a lot more PvP in the past I don’t see why Blizzard can’t manage both.

1 Like

Please help me understand tho. Is it the wiggly tentacles? The machinegun spam phase of it? Because how is mind spike different? Or just the void name on it? Or feeling useless outside of your cooldown window? I’m really only seeing 2-3 people disliking it, sure, lots of people wanted tweaks, but ‘most people dislike it’ is frankly not true.

idk about you, but I feel awkward in m+. Yeah I can rip bosses apart better than most, but on trash I feel bad and perform very inconsistently, relying on cooldowns and proc chances. Even if we call it a skill issue, I also play prot paladin and I can do very consistent, nice trash damage on that. I do not enjoy being inconsistently useful. I wont be pushing keys seriously above 15 or doing more than HC raiding, but even then I can tell I’ll be just as awkward in keys going forward.

And there are plenty more., use search keyword : #removevoidform

There was a massive outrage to remove it YET that developer who was fired, before leaving did not fixed anything and VF was not removed in Shadowlands.

1 Like

Just gotta point out, that isn’t about the current voidfrom but the legion/bfa version. The #RemoveVoidform movement was because the majority of shadows didn’t like the ramping nature of it, so we actually got what we wanted. Now a days there’s only 3 ppl on the EU forums fighting for it’s removal, the rest of us knows that in the current state of the game it burst or bust

Thanks for clarifying, since Moontear wont tell me in their own words. I’ve stated before that I’ve only played SL shadow, where my only real issue is how weak we are outside of it, would prefer to spread my power a bit but it’s really fun.

No, people wanted it gone forever. It literally says “remove void form” not change it etc.

Nobody ever asked it or even wanted.

Ok so it’s pretty clear to me that you weren’t around back then. VF is functionally different from what it was in Legion/bfa, so what it is today is a different ability in the same skin, so it’s thematically the same yes, but if you took your time to actually read the posts leading up to SL, you’ll actually see that the problem the majority of ppl had with it was the functionality, and only a minority mentioned thematically

The ramp up it had meant that we were F- tier for arenas and M+, which made the community as a whole exclude us from 2 major endgame activities, and it even made RBG leaders reluctant to bring us. So the dev at the time making it a burst ability instead of a constant ramp, was in his right mind, because if you got no burst, you might as well not exist in this day and age where burst is all

And then there was the constant nerfs, because it was impossible to balance tier to tier, due to the massively increasing amounts of haste better gear and higher stacks brought

So I’d recommend reading up on your stuff before starting to spread your view of a simple hashtag

1 Like

Dear diary,

People wanted it gone , not reworked. Before trying to deny this fact with your dreams or fake delusional explanations please go read yourself.

It was not about how it looked visually, but how it worked. It was failed mechanic pulled onto SHADOW priests. They should have done 4 th spec called void, instead of ruining shadow priests.

Flash news, guy who created and pulled void form out of nowhere to shadow priests was fired and second one who “tried” to fix it fired too. Speaks volumes.

I love when ppl close their eyes, plug their ears and go “Lalalalalalalala”

But that void form is gone
There’s something else with its name

1 Like