Shadow priest really low DPS in m+

Tbf dots became nothing more than a modifier to triggered shadow apparition, the only reason i see SW:Pain on the meters is due to Searing Nightmare being so braindead spread.

Shadow is OK for raiding, not great but OK on ST which is always useful. Big problem is in M+. I’ve never seen such massive class imbalance in M+. Why not do more regular class tuning to make non-meta specs at least vaguely viable for higher keys? Otherwise have to always reroll to fotm class to get invited due to low overall dps compared with Surv, Demo etc.

Problem with AoE is ramp up time of applying VTs in smaller packs then having to do searing nightmare to get SW:P up then if you have to move at all you have to stop doing AoE completely. By this time the mobs have usually been nuked by other classes. What I find crazy is that other classes can match us in single target damage and then completely destroy us in AoE/cleave.

That’s more to do with overtuning then the faulth of spriest.
For example: Fury warrior has an AOE ‘niche’ (as Blizzard calls it) so it is not supposed to do major ST damage. Same goes for WW monk, but look what happened…

I can only conclude that devs mainly play mages/warlocks, hunters and monks. Since at the end of (almost) every xpack it is those classes dominating in M+.

i barley do 10k ST as shadow while a BM does 16k what am doing wrong then?

I think this specc sucks.

The best part is when I do like 14-16K on some pack and I’m all proud of myself and the SV hunter did 40K
And most of them can’t actually do sustained damage output for more than 20 seconds but that tends to be irrelevant 80% of the time (it does hurt them on raid bosses from what I see, they really flop when we hero in later phases).

I really, really hope that they spend some time either reworking or refining specs to make the play fun and engaging as well as viable in different content. I think this should be really high on the list of where the devs spend their time.

2 Likes

https:// www.noxxic. com/wow/rankings/dps/real/3/226/dps

Shadow is at 20th spott.

blizzards bananas crew is on vacation.

They are likely correct, no changes needed. Change talent and fix the gear build.

I am SP and I see the same problem as you, no matter what I do, whatever strategy I come up with, I get lower damage than any other classes, but sometimes I manage to do good enough damage. Especially when the other player knows how to play and manage to cc them right on time.
RANT: today I played with a mage and we lost at arena (unrated) he whisper me being sarcastic “best SP in eu”, I tried to replied but I think he blocked me. My question is this, you have 2 players, cc you non stop, they are being nicely coordinated, they have a good strategy that works, I might have done wrong strategy and should have run sooner, I can accept my faults, and the mage didn’t even bother to do something, to cc one of them so I can be free to either run or do some damage.
And I see players being mean, and I am thinking, before judging me and my faults, what did you do to help me while I am taking all the damage and I cannot move? nothing…
I cannot play against a rogue, my damage isn’t enough when the rogue cc me, DH the same, I stand no chance.
I do have my wins and someone who is my arena buddy, nice guy, accepts that I am not a strong class right now, and he knows I don’t have the time to put too much thought into the game, I play when I can and I do what I can, but I wonder the mind of other people, maybe before judging a player look at yourself, what did you do for the team?
My main complain as a SP at shadowlands, other than the damage issue, is that our CC is not as strong as other classes. Sometimes its like silence and psychic scream doesn’t even effect any other class.
And most of the cc of the other classes is so on point and cycling so fast that I cannot push anything, my screen is showing rotating buttons waiting to push something while dying. And there is no time, I am dead.
If this continuous, I have a hunter and a mage, I will no longer invest on my SP.

I will disagree with you there. The cc chain we provide is one of the strongest in the game and biggest reason we get invited to any comp.
Silence horror fear and mc.
In s2 you could kill basicaly any healer solo in stun silence combo. Its just the damage we lack now…even if you land your cc…you do basicaly nothing during it.

2 Likes

other dps can just go in and pop eye beam, bladestorm spinning crane kick wildspirits and smash their head on the keyboard while you are still trying to put up your slow dots and the mobs are already dead.

You can have Everything in your Classs , Just consider The Shaman Healer And Priest Healer In Mplus Damage , You see?

Whos the winner Ofc Shaman , Will they Buff holy priest Dmg For DF?
“ofc Not”

Eye beam doesn’t even AOE anymore, it barely does dmg.
It’s used exclusivily for the Meta buff it gives.

That’s why you don’t try to put up your dots and just smash everything asap. The only way to do some decent aoe dps. Sadly a lot of specs can do some good/relevant dps on the next pull while sp will compete with tank.
So, generally our aoe is ok (ofc if you don’t compare with meta specs which are literally broken atm) and pretty simple as I don’t see anything complicated in spamming searing nightmare while channeling mind sear. Yeah, there are some aspects like target count that have impact on our priority system but it’s not a rocket sience at all. It’s just bad design and under-tuned numbers.

searing nightmare spam works on really high amount of adds, but doing 15-17 keys with 4-6 mobs and the stuiff is dead before you even get your setup.

I would leave from such groups where tank pulls 4-6 mobs in 15-17 keys lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.