Shadow Priest

Swp and VT have been battling nerfs nearly every patch of BFA, lazy hotfix untested crap

i’m not saying we are gonna " shine ", clearly not.

All this patch is about cleave , cleave, cleave, and cleave … Not really dps spread adds.

But good SP will still be there. I hope so.

I’m waiting a few weeks before crying for real.
We cried at every patch and finally it was fine.

I seem to remember the shadow community distinctly telling everyone to calm down throughout the runup to EP release, because we knew everything would be fine and that shadow would be strong. Same thing happened in BoD runup too.

This is the first time the ones raiding top end mythic / doing the theorycraft have said it’s gonna be bad since uldir release, and they were right about that one too.

good point.

Anyway, if it sucks too much it will be a good excuse for me to take a break from wow.
I tried to do some alts, as DK or DH … i found it boring. I love to managed several targets as a SP, and just aoe everything with 2 buttons does not enjoy me.

So it will be SP or nothing.

Affliction warlock used to be fun. Give it a go.

Sadly they are not really in great position either.

Not in M+, and many dislike the gameplay, but they look pretty well situated for the raid for what that matters.

Re. the lore reasons to play SP. I always had a SP since TBC, but it became main late WoD. The voices started to consume my mind and I didnt resist. Praise our lords and saviors.
So if you look at it from the lore perspective, go for it.
Sadly, our superiority over all isnt shown ingame. My other character, lesser class going by the name mage, does better single target damage, and probably will do so in aoe and cleave when geared up.

1 Like

for what i have seen so far of the raid, i doubt warlocks will be better.

The problem is, every adds can be cleaved … so it’s a cleave raid with lot of burst needed. And a lot of classes do better cleave than us.
Nerf or not, we just dont have the right mechanic for this patch ( and same with dungeons / visions ) ,

1 Like

I see a bunch of warlocks in every world first raid. Have we seen any spriests? This patch will be absolute trash for us. Even the fights that we have been looking good on like hivemind, carapace, Ilgynoth, Dresth in HC. Its just padding. I use god damn beam major just to pad on some fights just because I feel so damn useless otherwise.

Few on some of the “bring the player not the class” bosses early on, but since then zero.

1 Like

Yo boys, did any of you tried m+ in s4 as sp yet?
Ive just run a 14 boralus with outlaw and destro. And holy moly…that was not even funny. I dont feel like im that behind in gear yet, but rogue every pull be it st or cleave or aoe 100k dps minimum. Not even exagerating…every single fkin pull 100k+.
Lock same but only on a trash he fall close to my league of dps on bosses. But still even destro lock 90k every pull .
And there was me. Battling with a tank on aoe pulls (since its not fortified its even harder).
Not even on a chart on zerg aoe trashpacks like small mobs on obelisk bosses, absolutely tragical dps on bosses (in comparson to the rogue lock or eve bm hunter which ive run m+ with last week) and spiking above the lock only when iris was ready -still not even close to rogue dmg. Like holy fck i dont feel like im that sh!t but this wasnt even close and i do seriously feel like a burden in every m+ run i do.
My question is …is raid build even still viable at all? Should i start building harvester sd build or what is going on? :joy: dmg was never the issue in m+ for me but now…idk.

1 Like

To me it feels like, outside of archetypal dps (Fire combustion burst, destro 2 target havoc cleave etc) corruption is sort of overshadowing class balance. Not that shadow feels particularly good in any situation, it really, really doesn’t. But it is worth noting you aren’t wearing a single item with echoing void.

Ye i wish my man…i wish. And ive logged out in my pvp/wq gear but nonethenless i dont have any intteresting corrupted items yet.
Btw that rogue didnt had any broken corrupted item either. His overall dmg was 60% blade furry then pistol shot and then nothing that much spiked out really.
Idk it just felt so bad and wierd that it left me wondering if its time to change a build for dungeons. …idk what build do you run m+?

Yeah rip…

About M+. You really need echoing void. I got rank 3 in the weekly chest and now I feel sort of strong on M+.

I hope to revert the nerfs. We are trash at the moment. I have never feel so weak versus shaman healer as yesterday. He 330k shaman, I am 380 unbuffed. And just I can’t do anything to him. On Horific vision Stormwind, the extra boss, that drain 9 sanity per cast, 45 sec silence and immune to stun was terrible fight. I can’t beleieve how trashy I feel at the moment mostly PvP, but PvE is not
different.

Limit are fielding a Spriest in their world first attempt. So not totally thrash material.

Interesting. Well its hard to tell from HC how important boss dmg will be on some of the bosses in mythic.

And lets face it. Corruption is more important than the class right now.

Well last week i did normal raid with Infinite Stars and it was fine. Now, infinite stars is nerf and the rest of my raid team get more corruption, and i feel like trash …

So yea, corruption seems very important.

But still, i cant see how we can be competitive with ALL this cleave and burst needed …

Again, as a world first Mythic guild is running with at least one spriest, I’m convinced they are not thrash tier