Shadow Priest

Are they still good? I know they got nerferd and someone in game said they were not worth while anymore.

I love the old god/lovecraft theme and the playstyle is fun and fast paced, so I’ll probably play one anyway, even though I gotta level from scratch.

1 Like

Though the nerfs are hard, you should be able to participate in most content. However, the biggest thing you’ll be fighting is community perceptions and the simple facts most other specs bring more, thus making runs easier without you.

2 Likes

I’m leveling a Void Elf shadow priest for the same reason. A week ago I had a sudden realization that the old gods in WoW were based off HP Lovecraft, which made me instantly wanna play the last class I thought I’d ever level.

I have heard about the nerfs too when I came in here, but to be honest I think the biggest mistake people make is choosing their class based off community perception. If you like the idea of Old Gods and Void magic, then stick to your shadow priest and learn to overcome any nerfs or buffs thrown at it :slight_smile:

Classes always gets nerfed and buffed, so if you are the type of person who likes sticking to ONE character you really like, the you will have a bad time if you keep playing “the current meta”.

2 Likes

you know what you are absolutely right, let us serve the old gods together

1 Like

9-12% single target nerf, 18-25% at least on multi target encounters.

Shadow is not good at priority single target, or stacked cleave dps.

Shadow is performing poorly on every none spread cleave encounter in EP.

Shadow is performing poorly in mythic plus, and while this is irrelevant unless you’re pushing top keys, it will be hard to get into groups without a massive IO score or friends who trust you to be competent.

Shadow was already not doing amazingly well in PvP, being decent in BGs but poor in 2s and somewhat passable in 3s, I have no idea what shadow’s arena viability will be this season, but I cannot see any reason it would have improved.

Also the last few bosses in Nyalotha, while they have adds, they’re mostly stacked cleave and priority single target.

1 Like

I’ll be fine I think, I am a very casual player so Ill just have to suffer it out

1 Like

If your performance is of no consequence to the content you enjoy, then play what you want. But be aware that even just running around the world shadow has historically been one of the worst specs for soloing rares etc.

That’s nothing to do with the recent nerfs, that’s been true going back as far as I can remember.

1 Like

ah that sucks to hear, but hopefully I will still enjoy the class

1 Like

All you need to overcome the nerfs is a luck. Today ive met a dk with 430 gear and 420 pants which had infinite stars corruption on it. He won dps on every single fight by a large margin while his pants were doing 15-20% of his damage and nothing in his arsenal came evem close :joy: .

Normal hits on azshara 220k max and crit maxxed on 450. …

So …just get the infinite stars currupted effect and youll be fine. :joy:

Unless there’s literally any other class or spec with infinite stars.

1 Like

Thats the part of the luck, if you get to a group where nobody has it :wave:

Nah for real tho. Op play what you enjoy. If you manage to gear up and get right stats and traits it will be fine for content you seem to aim at.

1 Like

it’s gonna be fine in raid and average in M+, like it was before.

If you enjoy the style and the rotation, just go for it.

Or you can go DH and do huge dps without any feeling of satisfaction.

2 Likes

Best part is we can just spec into Discipline if we do run into a strong rare we wanna solo :slight_smile: Discipline is a holy/void hybrid spec so our dark overlords will probably forgive us for it once in a while :wink:

But yes unless you plan to do high keys to the point where players will check your Rio score, the nerfs for Shadow won’t matter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People keep saying this, they don’t provide compelling reasons for doing so though.

1 Like

This pisses me off. 2 fights in the raid got spreadcleave. Dresth and Ilgy there we “probably” will be top tier. The rest? I dont see any good fights.

Queued some 3s last night at 2.3 to 2.4mmr as someone wanted to get PvP cap. It was painful , triple to quad dotting uptime in the mid 90s and sometimes not even topping. …
Felt like getting blood from a stone , felt necessary to play shadow word void just for damage!

Hello ,
8.3 scores for RDPS, according to method
21/25 frost / fire mage
20/25 balance druid
20/25 elem shaman
17/25 all hunters
12/25 spriest
12/25 all warlocks

so just make and idea

Thank you !

Go disc and you’ll be better. Shadow always shined in very late content.

Shouldn’t Spriests and Void Elves be super buffed in Ny’alotha?
Either super buffed or we could all explode or something… think Blizz missed a trick there.

I mean we did have the Blade of the Black Empire as our BFF.

Ive just suffered trough nyalotha and i habe to say…in comparson to other classes our ST damage is tragical…omg i cant see any reason why would ppl pick shadow in groups…my sw pain is battling with green minor proc essence in overall damage and its lower than flay…like wtf.