Shadowlands: Adventure Awaits in the New Starting Experience

Zones maybe great, but ‘walking’ levelling experience as Horde was so bad for me that I rather party sync myself to durotar than do that again. It might just me, who did not like Horde bfa at all. I find that there’s full and complete ‘alliance bias’ what comes to zones in this game.

I personally would have very hard time to lure friends into the game with ‘bfa levelling experience’ as entry. It also makes little to no sense story wise as the BfA story (least for alliance player) feels very fragmented and confusing.

100% I feel about it.

No, I believe it will be :
Every expansion, will have a zone 10-20 then 20-30, 30-40 and finaly 40-50. So basically if for exemple you start at BC :

Helfire Peninsula 10-20

You will be able to switch to lets say Draenor (Wod) :

Gorgrond 20-30 or Talador.

You’ll log in SL with a lower level and most likely a quest telling you to talk to Chromie to experience another timeline but you can also ignore that and just play the way you used to.

This new leveling only affects the player who talk to Chromie and are phased in another version of the zones

You should be able to choose to not talk to chromie and stay in the current scaled world (levels will be divided by around 2.5 but that’s about it). At least that’s what they said at blizzcon.

1 Like

I don’t have access to the Alpha. But saw a video of the starting area. First off, it looks great!
But I worried about the group content there. It’s great to teach it, but I made a couple og my characters at 4.00AM… No players are online at that time.
My point, is it possible (for example with NPC help) to do this all solo as a new player.

It would s*ck if you buy wow at night, install it, make your first character and… Can’t finish the starting zone, because there are no other players with new characters at the time.

I just want to be able to start from the Classic starting experience and work my way from there. And then go through Classic zones.

It’s a shame I’ve not seen any 100% confirmation of this as a feature either way, but it’d be nice.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.