Shadowlands: Adventure Awaits in the New Starting Experience

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands introduces players to Azeroth with a starting experience fit for a hero.

Blog: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/23380363

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to see the new starting zone, however I would like to know about leveling trough dungeons. I know there are a lot of people out there (including myself) who prefer to just level up trough dungeons and basically no or very minimal questing. Will this still be possible in Shadowlands or will I be forced to do quests mainly? - I understand questing is part of every MMORPG and stuff I get it but I experienced every expansion story so far and I would not want to play them trough again.

So… R.I.P Gilnean Story Line Starting zone :cry: ?

:sob:

2 Likes

Only your first character will be forced to go through this intro zone, afterward you’ll have the choice to use the older intro and then jump at any time (or not) in chromie time

1 Like

i hope :cry:

1 Like

“Monks will receive guidance through meditation to learn Touch of Death.”

That’s some dark meditation lmao :smiley:

6 Likes

For Veteran Players

If you’re a veteran player or you’ve leveled a character before, you can choose to opt out of the starting experience and begin instead at level 1 in the starting area for your race. Upon reaching level 10, you can either continue into Battle for Azeroth or speak with Chromie to choose the expansion that you’d like to continue leveling in before you enter Shadowlands at level 50. Players with Allied race characters, Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 10 and play through their own starting experience.

3 Likes

Ah that cool then :smiley:

This should be available before the expansion release date.

2 Likes

So is it that if I choose lvling from Chromie in, let’s say, TBC content, if I complete it, will I be able to go to, for example, Pandaria content later, or when I finish TBC I will be forced to lvl in BfA next untill lvl 50? Because it isn’t really clear for me in the informations from that blog post.

2 Likes

I’d like to know that as well.

If I ever level more characters (doubtful, with scaling in the game) I wouldn’t leave Kalimdor/EK much, but I might occasionally want to look in on some of my favourite zones in Outland and Northrend along the way.

1 Like

Hi. I have a question about how will this ‘expansion choosing’ change affect on me? I’ve chosen to play through all the expansions WoW has. I’m on Warlords of Draenor expansion at the moment. Does this change mess up my plan to play through all expansions in the right order with my main character?

1 Like

If you are a new player you will level in BfA content first to 50 then into Shadowlands.
Veteran players can choose which expansion to level in up to 50 then move onto Shadowlands.
I can’t see anything stopping you from going back to another expansion at a later time when you’re 50+.

I don’t know if it’s been written anywhere but what about dungeons and LFG?
Are you restricted to dungeons in the expansion you are levelling in or can you be randomly selected for any dungeon in any expansion?
And are all mobs and loot scalable up to 50?

I know that I can return to another expansion if I am 50+, but I want to know if it works that way during lvling to 50, or is it if I choose lvlin in one expansion that I am bound to lvl to 50 in it or can I change it during lvling, for example lvl a bit in Mop, but then I get bored of Mop and want to change to TBC can I do it or not?

1 Like

Why they force new players into worst expansion that BfA is … I feel sorry for new Horde players. :frowning: Alliance newbies least have Drustvar!

1 Like

The zones where great and its so they get the most up to date experience graphically and story structure etc makes sense rather than sending them to tbc that stuffs desolate and hella bad in comparison in levelling

I dont understand this,leveling at all from that blog,so from 10 i choose where to leveling,can i change Zone later or i need to be in one, until lvl 50 then Shadowlands.

1 Like

If you’re a veteran player or you’ve leveled a character before, you can choose to opt out of the starting experience and begin instead at level 1 in the starting area for your race. Upon reaching level 10, you can either continue into Battle for Azeroth or speak with Chromie to choose the expansion that you’d like to continue leveling in before you enter Shadowlands at level 50. Players with Allied race characters, Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 10 and play through their own starting experience.

My only real question about this is, if you enjoy bouncing through all of the expansions doing an odd zone here or there, is that still going to be possible or are we going to be locked into doing just one expansion.

I’m going to be pretty disappointed if we’re going to lose the freedom of choosing where we level. Don’t get me wrong though I love the idea of levelling though just one full expansion, but more choice for the player is always better.

3 Likes