Shadowlands and professions - how to level them up from scratch

I have been looking for the information or a topic about this but couldn’t find any addressing this question. If you chose a single “expansion” to level up from 10 - 50; how does blizzard plan for people to level up professions starting from scratch considering that you previously had to go through all different continents/expansions to find the necessary materials and patterns?

Let’s say I decide to level through Legion only; will the necessary materials for my professions scale with my levels no matter the zone I am in? E.G. Will I find copper, then later on thorium etc.?

I have not played WoW for ages, so I am not even sure how it is working right now with level scaling tbh. But the question remain now that if you only level through one expansion/continent, how will it work?

What about the patterns that are obtainable through quests, reputations, specific vendors on a specific continent. Will they available directly through the master or is it possible to skip them for the time being and ignore them to level them up and once I am 50+ I will have to go farm them?

Has this been tackled/answered?

As long you stay within a specific expansion, you will only get materials and recipes relating to that expansion. This is how it has been always have been. The new squish did not change it.

And its been a long time now since they seperated professions in tiers. You could for example go to legion and immediately starting to level it up.
In early legion to cap out a proffession you needed to have 800 skill in it. No longer. Legion is now 100/100. BFA is 175/175. WOD 100/100 and so on.

And nothing have changed about the aquisition of recipes. You still need the appropiate rep, or collecting specific raid drops etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.