Shadowlands Campaign as Solo Player

Just a quick question, does the camapaign end at 2/9 for a solo player?

Kyrian, if that makes any difference.

Please save the “kek MMO, bro” comments, I’m well aware and am not here to complain or make a fuss. Would just like to know if the campaign ends here or if it carries on without doing the dungeon so I can decide whether to quietly walk away or quietly stay.

Thanks.

5 Likes

You mean the Covenant campaign or the story campaign?

You don’t need to do any dungeon to complete the story campaign for the zone.

The covenant campaign unlocks every few renown ranks.

3/9 is on renown 5

4/9 at renown 8 and so on

You need renown 5 to unlock 3rd chapter.

Its a silly system tbh,

2 Likes

Yeah, I have renown 5, the next chapter requires dungeon.
This is the point I abandon a quest chain normally.

That’s not a problem in and of itself.

But it seems Renown is implicitly tied to campaign, in both advancing campaign and advancing renown, renown of course is also tied to soulbinds, etc etc.

So my point is, if I as usual just ignore the kyrian campaign from now on at 2/9, just pretend it doesn’t exist (I have a couple of decades of MMO life doing this, I’m really OK with it) does it affect these other parts of the game, which seem pretty important and solo content as it were.

2 Likes

Very much so.

To be completely honest I have no idea. I think you can still get more renown levels? It’s different for every covenant. I had to do solo torghast scenario to reach renown 6 but if I had to guess renown will be tied to the campaign.

You really don’t just wanna queue up for one single dungeon one time to do one quest…

Kyrian only requires a regular Devos kill, nothing special.

And I honestly dont knows.

I don’t, no.

If that were the case I wouldn’t be posting, because every ‘one single dungeon’ is one single dungeon, until the next gate, which is again, one single dungeon.

5 Likes

uninstall the game, unsub, it’s better this way since the game is garbo

1 Like

I get what you mean OP and run into same issue myself on my alt who picked Kyrian. In process of going through now other covenant campaigns on wowhead to see if they all are blocked in some point or not, so can switch to different one. Not continuing campaign blocks you from practically everything so ideal would be to find one that can go bit further or even to end.

7 Likes

According to this, halfway down this page, there is quite a lot of story and rewards following that dungeon, under the heading “The Full Story of the Kyrian Covenant”:

and apparently each Covenant’s story will continue in each patch, adding through the expansion.

In previous expansions, I have walked a lot of people who don’t do dungeons through Normals for quests, but I’m nowhere near able to do that this early in the expansion. However, I am happy to do it later - quite a bit later, but maybe sometime in the next patch. There are others who also do it. As an alternative, you already know you could of course buy a boost.

This is true. However, until the next patch at least, the guide shows only one.

2 Likes

it seems only kyrian has a dungeon in the campaign so far…still think they should keep things like campaigns etc. open world and let instanced group content be seperate.

14 Likes

LOL, Kyrian really got the poo end of the stick then, if it is the only gated camaign, at 2/9 no less, and got the worst bunch of companions and troops that can’t fight their way past elite missions.

2 Likes

This is something I was wondering too, I don’t like doing dungeons either. I’m Venthyr on my main, and so far there have been no dungeon missions in the campaign. If Kyrian are the only ones that do, I think I’ll avoid that covenant for my alts. Its a shame, I wanted to play them all at some point.

9 Likes

? You do dungeans.

It has one dungean in it.

Not sure what you’re talking about iwht it being gated. Its not gated. You just need to do a content. Its no diffferent then Night fea going to the boring maw doing an annoying quest where a CD takes to long on squishy class and causes death, then heading into thorghast, but at least you get possible drops out of it so you get gear unlike night fea.

This is just a case of preference what people want to do on their leisure time. Some prefer mashing around in Maw, some like instanced content. For example i love anything open world so that’s where i spend most of my time. Someone else loves to do dungeons and spends their time there. Having possibility to focus things one enjoys is important when we are talking about entertaining product like a game. So “gated” in this sense means situation where you would have to eat some poo before you get your steak. Some eat it to get their steak, some go to different restaurant with menu they like more. Or on this case, pick different covenant then.

12 Likes

I just looked through all four, and according to the Wowhead guides, Kyrian is the only Covenant gated by a dungeon in thie patch.

8 Likes