Shadowlands Customisation: a few suggestions

I’d like to see idles/animations interchangeable between races. A blood elf male standing and shooting like a human male for example.

The probably-common request of scar/tattoo options would be great too.

Blue eye options for blood elves. I don’t personally care at all for this, but so many people want it. The demand is clearly there. Make them happy.

Lastly I think what you did with the Maghar tribes using different skins was genius. This should be applied to other races to include different tribes, affiliations, factions and groups of the same race. This is a huge one.

4 Likes

As you said idle/stance animations, especially for blood elf males, I hoped they’d get fixed with the new models but nope, still breaking their backs.

True beards for BE, true black hair for everyone. Tanned and dark skintones for BEs, we already have a lightly tanned version.

Yes I like Blood Elves and will faction change as soon as I see the SL customizations.

3 Likes

I can already tell you that it’s not gonna happen. Each animation is just a lsit of bones and their transformations. Bones from different models don’t match so for each character model you need seperate set of animations. Just to make idle animations exchangable between races you need over 700 new animations. Characters just aren’t designed to exchange animations.

It can be fixed by removing annecesarry constant moving. We really don’t need to wobble, yawn, look around and sniff the air every 2.5 seconds.
A set of idle poses is something FFXIV done. You can freely change your idle stance, or set it to random and it will switch every now and then. it’s still a ton of work, but it could be done much easier than re-rigging animations to fit every race. A set of 2-3 extra idle poses for every race with some minimal stuff like breathing is pretty managable i think.
I’d love that. Ain’t gonna happen, but I’d love that.

1 Like

It’s much easier when you design the game with this thing in mind. WoW wasn’t realy designed with this in mind. On top of that all the races in Final Fantasy look quite human. They were probably designed together. In wow each character model was done seperatly, even T-poses don’t match, some models stand with arms down, some with arms at an angle.

On top of that before Kul Tirans and Zandalari were released there was stream with some artists, one was the animator. They talked about new animations they did for those. You can clearly see that some animations are meant to reflect characteristics of a certain race.

This is a fair point. I’d settle for similar animations. I know that can mostly be done as they’ve done it with various class abilities with melees mostly. Compromise is cool with me

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.