Shadowlands Developer Update

Very great changes, keep ut the good work!
I wish though that you would had listen to the community a year ago or during the beta, I think the game should be in a better state right now.

I am also doing many alts and one of improvement I liked to either to transfer anima from my main char to my alts or when it’s regarding the Sanctum Upgrade make it Account wide. So if you got the achivement that you have to upgrade them all on one charachter all alts automatic have it so you don’t need to upgrade to rank 3 on transport network in your third characther for instance. :slight_smile:

I also wish for instance Death Advance reputation Exalted will be unlocked to all char, so if you go in to Korthia with your alt and you have already got it exalted on your first characther it will not hurt the game either so you can buy from vendor and don’t need to get exalted there.

This is much but also wanted to have Renown account wide. So if you have instance Renown 84 on your first characther it will be automatic 84 on your second characther as well, it’s not a big deal, or either if you have for instance two or more Venthyr it had been very nice to have the same renown in all of them. :slight_smile:

Also made Legion content easier to do cause it was two expansion away so you don’t need to have it more difficult to run when you’re so much at a higher level.

But again, keep up the good work. I hope you listen to my feedback.

Best Regards,
Flemming

2 Likes

Any chance to see 450 and 500 mount achievement? pretty please

2 Likes

Thanks
it’s late but thanks
BTW pls next time just listen to feedback in alpha and BETA
because this is the proof of player feedback matters
not all but the GOOD feedback does
because if shadowlands launched without a conduit energy
and with freeswaping covenant it would be much much more better expansion at this point because you could do different things

4 Likes

THANK YOU FOR THIS

This is such a needed update and FINALLY you decide to implement these well-needed changes before the .3 patch of the expansion. This opens up so many doors for trying out different covenants and playing alts. Which in turn will make the game alive again since people will actually play their alts. It’s such an absolute horrible experience as it is right now and I’m actually getting tears in my eyes from these patch notes. It really feels like you have listened to the community and brought the changes (relatively) quickly.

Thank you again for this.

Time to take a break from the game until this amazing patch is out.

Is this the part when we’re supposed to act happy and relieved for changes the community has begged for since the beta?
It’s actually saddening that the game has come into a cycle of “Introduce awful system–>get blastered online for months on end---->ignore feedback and say it’ll grow on us---->admit mistakes halfway through expansion when the player count dwindles—>remove awful system” and repeat!

Anyways, im ready for the bi-hourly grind for shadow knowledge next xpac, it’ll be behind a paywall this time i presume?

20 Likes

All great changes! Since you are updating character customisation… Can you PLEASE make it so Hunters can put enchant transmogs on their Bow and Gun?! Its about time you let us Hunters use enchant mogs…

5 Likes

Decrease the RNG of loot raids and dungeons! Increase loot ilvl to MM + and currently modify shard system plz !

2 Likes

i love you :smiley:

Credit where credit is due. Thank you for communicating and the changes!

These are good changes, albeit you had this feedback in Beta (as you know) and this is too long to respond to it. It is what it is, so good you are making changes now, but there are some areas people will want you to go farther on:

• Archivist’s Codex rep unlocks - this needs to be account-wide for 9.1.5. Same too with Death’s Advance.

• You need to make Soul Cinders a ton quicker to acquire - 262s farmable inside a reset, something like what you’ve done with Soul Ash.

• Can you remove the diminishing returns on Covenant farms, so if I do an HC at renown 50 I get a renown every time?

• Please firm up on the covenant switching and how we can do it - are mythic raiders going to be hearthing to Oribos every pull or are you going to link it to a Tome?

4 Likes

It would be really nice if you undid the limitation on the use of the custom group search, participation and creation in the LFG window. Limiting it to level 50 and above is vile and discriminating against casual players and those who like to XP stop to experience older content more level appropriate, without quickly out-leveling it. Yes, some of us actually like exploring the stories and zones of older parts of the game at our leisure. Us playing through older content more extensively means we spend more time in your game. Isn’t that something you should want? Limit it to level 20 and above. It would be much more fair to the larger player base.

Similarly, is it not high time you removed the discriminating difference in rewards of the once-a-year world events special dungeon encounters? Everyone wants a fair chance at the same rewards without constantly being nudged to progress to max level as fast as possible.

Seeing as you are putting some attention into older content, why stop at Legion and Battle for Azeroth? Two older expansions spring to mind for me, Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor, where whole quest-lines and their stories were removed because you wanted to keep the legendary item rewards of those quests-lines exclusive to those who played the expansion when it was current. The Pandaria cloak, however, is still necessary to access a zone on the Timeless Isle, so no luck for those who joined WoW after Mists. By all means, keep the final, outdated and unimpactful-in-current-content reward removed if it matters so much (though the question “why does it still matter?” comes to mind), but at least restore the quests and story that came with them. Not all of us started playing the game from it’s beginning, and removal of content untouched by the Cataclysm world revamps makes no sense to us.

What about banning Multiboxing, like so many other MMOs? It is the single most disruptive thing to both people’s game experience in “lucrative” zones and to the economy. Some people are practically traumatized by the sound of the Starfall spell. As far as the economy, nothing else breaks or could break it so bad as allowing the creation of these in-game “whales”. Even if you finally gave people what many have been asking for for years- more professions on a single character- it wouldn’t damage the economy or give anyone an “unfair economical advantage” (if the conditions are equal for all, no one has a real advantage) like multiboxing does to those who can afford it. Your ways of “balancing” multiboxer activity by introducing ridiculous gold-sinks into the game is and has been an insult and a spit in the face of the larger player base which includes many casual players who can never hope to obtain such “rewards”. The whales of the game, people with many times the gold cap across multiple characters and probably maxed out battlenet balance, have most likely always had a good laugh seeing these introduced. Some rewards should require some work to obtain, even by casual players, but not this soul-sucking amount. I have seen friends in BfA almost figuratively killing themselves through endless farms and grinds, trying to get that 5 million gold mount. You have literally chipped at peoples nerves and sanity in exploiting some people’s need to collect, obtain and achieve things.

Finally, it would be nice to see, moving forward, more emphasis on quality content in place of quantity of collectibles. We want good stories and high quality systems, with attention given to more than just the rich and/or high skill players, not 5 color variations of the same model of mount or pet. An endless amount of collectibles won’t keep us playing the game if it’s not good enough, and having less, yet (occasionally) harder to obtain things makes us appreciate those when obtained that much more.

3 Likes

Allow flying in Oribos and the MAW,

Allow solo Legion Raids.

Portals from Oribos to Maldraxxus, Revendreth, Ardenweald and Bastion.
This “traveling” between zones just takes time, and does nothing positive to the game,
I end up losing will to play, by just sittin on that eel, for minutes, and playing card games awhile, remove it.

Also, You sould allow to continue or at least finish the storylines or expansions we started in Chromie time, or just allow players to sclate down, to be able to quest nicely, not jsut onehit everything, thats runis the feeling. The tech is there, you just need to use it,

12 Likes

God has talk !

See this bit? This bit is aggravating.

Because this bit is a lie. You are lying to us with the statement. You did not reconsider the restrictions on Covenants for narrative reasons in 9.1. You did not FINALLY pull the ripcord because you sat back and thought the story allowed it.

You did it because you recognised that the centrepiece system of your expansion had proven to be a colossal failure. You did it because it had failed so badly you had to rectify it and the only way to rectify it was to pull the ripcord.

And you lie that’s it a decision the narrative now permits you to take. More lies. You are lying. The narrative would have permitted this from day 1 of the expansion because there was no great divide in the Covenants we had to overcome, they were all already allies. You are inventing a justification to cover your blushes.

What this statement is is a feeble, pathetic attempt to safeguard what is left of your wounded pride that after having dug in your heels so vehemently on this point you’ve been forced to admit that we, the players were right and you were wrong. Preach told Ion directly that these systems you are now jettisoning were not going to work and guess what, turns out he was utterly right and Ion was completely wrong, as was entirely apparent at the time to everyone, everyone who wasn’t a member of team 2 it seems. You lie because your pride is more important than showing humility.

Sad thing is humility would have gone down better. Humility would have shown us you had recognised your error and given us some confidence you weren’t going to repeat it somewhere down the line. As things stand, what about 10.0? Will you introduce some disaster of a system then despite our protestations? Will the narrative then allow you to fix it in 10.1.5? You made a mistake, a bad one. Attempting to pretend you didn’t and that there are other reasons behind the pulling of the ripcord other than the true one, that your system was damaging the game and repulsing players, is cowardice.

86 Likes

Looks great i am waiting for more updates like this in future i want to see 1 line in new changelog when you guys buff and nerf classes

Beast Cleave no longer is cap to 5 targets
Multi-Shot damage increased by 50 or even 100%
Right now in 247ilvl is hitting close to 500 crit damage

Fires several missiles, hitting up to 5 targets within 8 yards of your current target for (12.6% of Attack power) Physical damage

Uncap this and change this 12,6% to around 30%

3 Likes

I agree with this. This person represents me

6 Likes

Already moved on to other games, but good changes. Late though.

5 Likes

too little, too late
took break during summer, logged in a week ago and noticed not a single one in guild logged on last month
shadowlands is over, i hope next xpac is better

7 Likes

I logged in just to li,e your post

4 Likes

Give us back Zandalari warlocks that you chickened out from adding in the very last minute. Even your Blizzcon powerpoint slide included it.

5 Likes