Shadowlands Developer Update

I wish to clarify that my anger is not because they have realised their mistake and are changing things. If that was what they were saying, I’d be delighted and a lot more receptive to them.

I am angry because, as my second post pointed out, they are lying about why they are pulling the ripcord. They claim it’s because the narrative now allows them to. The reality is that the system failed and half their playerbase deserted them. That they pretend it is something else is trying to treat me like an idiot.

Because they won’t admit that, because they still stubbornly cling to their fig leaf over why the system has been effectively scrapped, I refuse to thank them. They value their pride more than being honest that they failed. And it means the risk still exists they have learned nothing from the failures of BFA and Shadowlands and that 10.0 will have the same issues.

29 Likes

Given the amount of alt accesibility coming in with this patch (Expected), can we also have valor point upgrades tied to the new score system be account wide? Farming 2k score on new alts isn’t very fun when the sole purpose is to gear them up from the get go

1 Like

This! 100%

1 Like

Amen brother

1 Like

Well said.

2 Likes

Well put together. Was going to type up something similar, but came across this so it saves me a lot of time.
The dev team should consider the exodus of the playerbase as an ultimatum that studios elsewhere are picking up the slack that blizzard leaves in their wake, and this blatant disregard for player experience in a subscription based game won’t be tolerated much longer, if any more at all.
If 10.0 isn’t a step up in terms of design direction and iteration based on Beta feedback, I don’t think there’s going to be anything they can do to reverse the deathblow to the trust they managed to destroy with their passionate playerbase.

7 Likes

Absolutely spot on.

2 Likes

God bless your keyboard.

5 Likes

Very very very positive news. Good intention!!!

Can you please lower the insane costs of upgrading legendary base items by now?
It costs millions to upgrade just a single slot to rank 4.
Basically unless you’re permanently playing the AH to maximize profits it’s going to leave you with a huge hole in your pockets.
Professions as they are, are pretty much useless. Only the happy few can craft Rank 4 legendary items and resell them on the AH at obnoxiously high prices.

And while you’re at it make Anima and Korthian Research currencies. Having individual tokens that have to be turned in every time is dumb and time consuming, not to mention it clogs up bagspace.

1 Like

Hell. It’s about time.

The blues are back! :pray:
I hope we’ll get to have more cosmetic updates over the course of SL patches, the more races these affect, the better.

PS: still hoping to be a San’layn one day. :smiling_imp:

the game is already dead for many years, we are stupid as we pay and play this game that repeats it at every patch

Absolutely right.

The WoW team is not admitting their mistakes; they are making excuses. The worrying part is that they already made these mistakes in BfA and back then they applied the same strategy: i) fix the mistakes late in the expansion, and ii) cover up by not discussing them and pretending the decisions were good.

Blizzard needs to show us that they understand the root cause of these problems:

1. They implement tons of bloated borrowed-power systems
  2. They don’t listen to player feedback

They are capable of 2. when they want to. But I still don’t think they’ve understood that most players hate all these borrowed-power systems.

8 Likes

And in next espansion you will start the cycle again. Stupid systems and many walls for the players. Then after a year or two you will begin removing/easing restrictions and telling us that these are the main features of x.2 and x.3 (which is a lie) and so on and so forth. You people have no dignity and honour. /spit

8 Likes

Delete the Target Cap !

1 Like

Draenei rogue crawling in shadows

clop clop clop clop

3 Likes

Could you please do the same in regards to the TBC arena changes that you implemented? It’s the same story, people have told you they’re bad from the get go and have been telling you the same since. It’s already been 2-3 months of this, would be nice not to make it a full year before the changes are reverted

I have some ideas to also make improvement to the game. I think many will be glad of this changes.

• Transfer Anima to alts or at least do the Sanctum Upgrade Account wide so we don’t need to farm as so much anima on alts.

• Regarding Transport Network Rank 3 should work both ways Oribos → Covenant

• Soulbinds Ranks should also be account wide so if you got ilvl 226 my alt who have the random spell / ability for the spec should also got the upgrade to ilvl 226. So you have not to farm them everytime.

• Regarding Callings quest, World Bosses and raids please update the loot table there with some more high itmlvl like 233 as Korthia, both anima and Reserched Catalog can also drop. For raids have for instance same loot old as new one. So don’t delete old content.

• Renown Account wide or at least if you have like two Venthyr have same Renown on the highest.

• Reach Exalted with one faction can buy from vendor on your alts or at least give us 50-100% rep buff when you have reach Exalted with one char.

• When reached Tier 6 on Archivist’s and when you have upgraded the gear to 233 and for alts reduce the amont cataloged reserched to upgrade gear or increase cataloged reserached drop on every alt.

But Blizzard, even it can be little late when you did this. I’m very happy for the changes you have so far in patch 9.1.5 and even more listen to the community. Great work! =)

1 Like

please please please please please PLEASE make good cosmetics again for the game like you did in Mist of Pandaria with the CM armor sets or in Warlords of Draenor with the CM weapons or in Legion with the mage tower, all of those cosmetics were incredible and everyone loved them, but since legion we haven’t gotten anything like that again, i only started playing wow at the end of 8.3 and the only thing i’m wondering is why? WHY are we not getting more amazing cosmetics like those in the game, everyone loves cosmetics, they’re one of the most important thing in an MMORPG, they make you stand out from one another, please consider adding more items like that in 9.2