Shadowlands dungeons are not fun

I really enjoy the new dungeons to be fair.

Everyone says it already, but Bwonsamdi and Mueh’Zala going back and forth in De Other Side is fantastic are you’re running to different sections. They all look really good, design wise and I like the small bits of lore behind most of them.

The one thing that’s really doing my head in about them, is the absolutely dog-dirt camera angles in every single dungeon. I love to play almost zoomed out max way and a little overhead, and anytime I have to move more than five steps my camera angle goes from an overhead shot to a badddd, up close, almost first person camera angle lol it really is unfuriating how often it happens and it just looks really bad for the game and whoever codes the camera in general.

Single handedly the most jarring thing in shadowlands by a mile, for me personally.

How the hell have we not got transparent camera angles already ?

4 Likes

i don’t like dungeons past Legion because it’s clear that they are all designed around m+ and thus are automatically unfun to me

Mists i’d say is the only dungeon that stands out this expansion in my opinion because of the maze mechanic

Big agree with everything in this post! Always worth it to up the volume in De Other Side, it’s been among my favourites since launch. There should definitely be at least a top-down view in some way; I always dread having to do the maze in Mists of Tirna Scithe as a Healer because the angle at each stump skews terribly. I either Heal or do the maze.

1 Like

The dungeons feel bland. Linear design like King’s Rest, not much effort put into the visual setting. Necrotic Wake and HOA are basically just big open courtyards.

1 Like

the thematicly fit in very nice with zones. i may not like all of them but they are nicely designed.

i especially enjoy runing Vampire dungeons and ToP .

unpopular opinion but SD is my favourite dungeon this expansions. such a shame it was not part of initial leveling dungeons :stuck_out_tongue:

that music suggests you are in the better part of the shadowlands with your old pal Bwonsamdi and mechagnomes.

also honorable mentions, this guy is followed by some nice music all the way

At graveyards on Zandalar

• Ah, a death knight. Ya should come see MY death gate! (to death knights)
  • Someting about ya seem off… Ah, da stench of a demon hunter. (to demon hunters)
  • Ya not be dreaming now, mon. (to druids)
  • Ya be tryin’ ta feign death, mon? Shame… (to hunters)
  • Dat blink didn’t get ya very far, did it? (to mages)
  • Hah! Ya didn’t roll out of dat one. (to monks)
  • I tink ya followed da wrong light, mon. (to paladins)
  • Oho… a priest! If ya ever consider a change of faith, be sure you let old Bwonsamdi know, you hear? (to priests)
  • Ya can’t be hidin’ from Bwonsamdi, little ting. (to rogues)
  • Oh, da spirits be with ya now, mon. (to shaman)
  • Awww, did ya lose your little shiny soulstone, eh? (to warlocks)
  • Haha, all dat armor didn’t help ya much, did it? (to warriors)
    BfA > memelands
2 Likes

What is wrong with you? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: did you bumped your head recently and forgot about that dreadful dungeon? :neutral_face:

1 Like

Well…
Yes the BFA dungeons where indeed great but they had a major problem: You needed a rogue in almost everyone.
I know people that played season 4 with beguiling did not had this problem but still that is not an issue in SL.

I loved doing heroic and mythic in Shadowlands before m+ started. Really the main problem is prideful and how it punishes even the tiniest mistake. You pull one extra mob and that’s it - key is done and failed. Also, Shadowlands dungeons have so many traps for players who rush - it’s fine when a player is taking their time, then the dungeons are fun. But if you rush, there’s so much that can go wrong - patrols, weird enemy placement that’s almost as if Blizz really and deliberately wanted to trap you.

I’ll get KSM and probably be done with dungeons this season. When the affix changes, the entire dungeon meta will as well.

1 Like

Well in SL we learned how to use the hidden spirit potions :rofl: :rofl: At least in each of the dungeon there is one skip, but that’s mostly due to pride.

You didnt know they existed in BFA as well?
But in some dungeons like ToS+KR you needed both rogue and pot.

I dont know what exactly you skip in all dungeons but the only legit skips that need invis is one on sanguine and sometimes depending the route one on halls.

1 skip on mists that can be done with a CC
1 skip on spires again with CC
1 skip on spires with CC

Where do u need a rogue on ToP,DoS,PL and cant do it without a rogue or invis?

You mean in BFA, the 3 seasons rogue expansion, we learned that :wink:
(and my group does not have a rogue. We used 2-3 invis potions per dungeon till we got awakened from s4).

1 Like

yup I agree with some of the other people you have really weird taste. But everyone is entitled to their opinion and likes.

I think the Dungeons are designed really well in this expansion, there are a lot less need for shroud skips or death skips. Which was a terrible meta in bfa. ( don’t see a lot of rogues these days :slight_smile: )

But I do think it does make it boring since there isn’t a very big range of route options since it is quite straightforward. But I would prefer a more balanced meta than having shroud skips / different route options.

We all have our subjective taste on dungeons. To me, they are as good as they can be when split into equal bitesized content (some people blaming esports for that), as opposed to the more vanilla style variety where they are often nothing alike as length and intensity.

One thing that we objectively see however is that in BFA where gearing through m+ felt better than ranked BGs, the latter system literally died. In SL, that sort of reversed but there is still healthy m+ participation which hints that they are not garbage to the point of also having close to empty lfg section.

They are OK, but I can only do dungeons so many times (eg, like 6-7 per dungeon) before I get bored of them. Affixes don’t provide any variety at all from my point of view, they are all just annoying.

Affixes are a real problem, because they destroy the fun!!!

At least drop one affix and go up with the health of trash in change.

And yes, F*** MDI -.-

I liked SD until it was the last key I needed for ksm. I think i burnt myself out on it

I prefer the Shadowlands Dungeons, they aren’t good as Legion ones but still better than BfA.

You got to be a masochist to enjoy Atal’Dazar, every single second on that dungeon was torture.

Shrine of the storm is cool, only problem was when you run it with pug with ppl who don’t know tactics.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.