Shadowlands - Enhancement wish list / thoughts

So far I think the Shadowlands core of Enhancement looks really good, abit less spammy and abit more ‘battlemage’ I did have my reservations but it looks good, some good flow and synergy between spells.

I think the biggest thing I’d like to see changed is Windfury… at the moment it looks like something that doesn’t hit very hard but does hit quite often and its animation isn’t particularly noticeable - I don’t really see the point of making it a button we have to press if we don’t even notice it. What I’d love to see is to reduce the proc chance, to maybe 10% and up the damage significantly and add the cool animation back in. Give Windfury abit of oomff! Give me that little jolt of excitement when a nice juicy wf proc/crit happens. and look I know it’s not interactive or requires any skill, but it does add a little flavour and brings us back to the windfury we knew and loved

The second thing I think needs to be changed is Ascendance - given the changes to stormstrike I would guess this is a fairly hefty indirect nerf to Ascendance, no longer can you spam windstrike back to back to back. I’d love to see it return to its MoP glory. remove the CD reduction and make it so it deals nature damage. I also think the model feels outdated (and its always felt abit out of place imo) I’d love to see this updated / changed.

things like Surviveability probably still need to be addressed as well but we’ll see on that front.

Anything you’d change?

Blizzard devs definitely need to work on enhancements survivability (especially for PVP)!

4 Likes

They definitely need to adress it’s survivability issues.

4 Likes

wish list is so long…
feral spirit freedom & stun
shaman rage (with dispell)
doom winds or make wf hit hard again, but i liked doom winds actually
ascendance baseline or make it 2min cd
make healing surge useful again…
let ele blast hit like a truck
add elemental debuff back to ss
no cd resetting stormstrike and remove that stupid legendary with 100% dmg increase… it will either make ss op or they will destroy its base dmg again leaving us again with no hard hitter
give back frozen powrr, at least as pvp talent

would be happy with those

5 Likes

Doom winds is kind of returning as one of the legendaries at least I guess (WF totem gives wf a 100% chance to proc for 8 seconds, can happen onces a minute)

But yeah I agree the Stormstrike Leagendary if it is the highest dps one is going to send us back to spamming Stormstrike.

1 Like

doom winds (leg) is very bad compared to legion.
how i read the tooltip is that now every autoattack will trigger wf.
probably not bad overall but not exciting to use and very slow burst.
now wf gives us also a lot less than in bfa as maelstrom and double reset is gone.

legion gave 300% increased wf dmg in 6 secs which led to massive burst and finally exciting nostalgia wf dmg.
was also trashed in pvp though…
lets see if the leg buff still consists if the totem is destroyed or if it can be purged.
if either of it is yes at least for pvp absolutely useless.

hope i can find some beta footage soon

1 Like

I think it will be it puts an 8 second buff on you, but yeah we’ll need to see. Though I have a feeling Legendaries don’t work in PVP anyway. WF doesn’t hit very hard at all atm it seems - though with the WF Conduit adding and 80% chance for a 3rd attack it may be abit punchier

1 Like

Not melting and 2h weapon.

1 Like

The shadowlands enhancement looks good, but needs some defense. And artifact powers should have been baseline, for every spec.

1 Like

honestly the stormstrike legendary will probably ruin the spec again…
currently a lot of dmg is in stormstrike as it should be, now add modifiers like:
double storm wolf
earthen spike
ascendence
crash lightning buff

now you can stack 10 mw
earthen spike -> ss -> lb -> ss -> lb -> ss -> sundering
probably someone dead

2 Likes

Make Stormstrike have 2 Charges Baseline or through a talent like in wod with Echo of the Elements

Make Lava Lash also have 2 charges baseline or through the talent Echo of the Elements

Make Lava Lash spread Flame shock (for Aoe cap sake only spread to 2 target’s per Lava Lash cast)

Overcapping sucks. it makes me really frustrated knowing, hey if i had 2 charges i would be able to use 10-25 more Ss/Ll in this fight. ohh well guess not.

1 Like

Nice ideas.

I really think enhancement is looking good at the moment in shadowlands, but a few adjustments and it should be golden, i would also like fire nova as baseline.

Imagine how damn fun it would be, but with hailstorm it should be fine.

1 Like

Some more good changes that would greatly help Enh from a PVP point of view, and just make the class feel cleaner.

1 Like

I lost all hope already for Enh in shadowlands…
It would require lots of changes to be in a good spot (other than pve smash fest…)

-remove ss legendary (ss will be dumpstered in pvp so you HAVE to wear the legendary to do basic dmg again…)
-Bring back shaman rage (with dispel)
-healing wolves
-10% DR from lightning shield
-Freedom and stun on wolves
-BL off GCD
-Revert or remove ride the lightning
-ground baseline
-Nerf healing stream totem… why? because currently a lot of our healing defensive is tied to a 5 HP totem which is a slow ticking hot that can be destroyed by about anything within a millisec and has a long cd.
-give back stone claw totem if you want to keep 5 HP totems… at least than we could also protect our only stun that is on a 2sec charge time…

If some stuff would be too much for pve you chould just add it as pvp talent.

a well better just reroll to a fotm class like rogue, mage or hunter who will be always top

2 Likes

I really want some survivability back… Its horrendous! I don’t understand how it was ever let to get this way. And if the answer is “you got earth elemental” I would just bloody toss that one in the pile of rocks and take something more raid and pvp friendly, or even passive damage migitation to cover that miserable pebble.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.