Shadowlands Legendary crafting and selling via AH

Is it just me or are the crafted runecarving base items extremely hard to push on the AH and land a buyer?

I’ve had multiple entries of a rank 2 item posted for weeks now with no buyers.
Should I start to resort to undercutting more frequently? …or are the ranks 3 and 4 so cheap now that players just skip ranks 1-2 in most cases at this point?

The amount of gold you also have to invest in mats to get to the higher ranks is immense and yet the market still seems flooded.
It feels extremely punishing at the moment to be crafter, at least when it comes to the lower ilvl items.

r4 is pretty much the only of them that sells now. Theres litterally no need for 2 and 3. People holding on the r1 till they can upgrade to r4.

I mean, I would like to craft more Legendaries (I have plenty of soul ash) but I’m not gonna pay another 50-100 k for it when it’s not necessary. If Legy items were cheaper I would make more, but for now I’m just sticking with my BiS piece. I’m a cheap MOFO.

i dont think the problem is the price. the problem is that u need 15pieces of each rank to lvl up. that floods the marked for no reason.

way to many ppl selling and few buying.

1 Like

Depends on your realm, usually there are some AH bots that undercut you in max 10 sec and they are online non-stop so you can never sell your items

I was a bit surprised to see that you dont need the item vessels for each subsequent rank (e.g. you must start with r1 and then with r2 etc). There is definitely a sense that the market is being flooded and that crafters are selling at a loss.

That might not be a terrible thing though - I play multiple characters each expansion and one thing I noticed when trying to upgrade the ranks for some slots is that now I feel compelled to stick to one realm. This is unlike the past when I might have 2 characters on X realm and 2 on Y depending on which friends play the game. Now its a bit of a waste if I put all this time/gold investment to deal with a profession just to start buying the legendary stuff on another realm anyway but if the AH market keeps pushing the price down,its at least affordable.

That’s why crafters have been wanting to be able to either sell the vessels to vendors, or let them be really good for disenchanting, so there is some incentive for people to buy the lower ranks.

1 Like

a good way to clear all the items would be to conbine them, like 5 of 1rank would conbine into 1 from the next rank.
that way ppl would not flood the market, we would make 15rank1 = 3rank 2

2 Likes

Now this makes too much sense for Blizzard to handle. They hate logic :wink:

1 Like

At the rate I’m currently doing Torghast I would rather go R2 to R3 to R4 than wait until I have the ash to make the big jump. Right now I’m only just getting to the point I can upgrade my R1 leggo. I started SL late and I’m still way behind with Torghast as I’ve been focused more on WQ and getting exalted with everyone.

As a Blacksmith/Miner I’ve had to look long and hard at time and cost involved making 15 copies of an item in order to make the next rank vs just buying the R2 base item. Even if I did make the effort to farm up the ingots theres still the enchanted elethium and oboreal shards (& flux) I have to pay for at approx 5k gold per base item to skill R1 to R2. So tbh I am amazed people are having a hard time selling them as, even as a crafter, I really dont see any point skilling these up. Base item rank 2 cost me 19k. To even have the skill to make it would have cost me 75k+. And that’s not even inluding the time spent farming the ores to make all the shaowghast ingots. Absolutely crazy system.

1 Like

Problem is there’s an appeal with having made these items by yourself.

Completely agree that the investment in materials required just to achieve the next rank is insane.

If there was some sort of scrappage system where you could recover a proportion of materials used in it’s manufacture then it wouldn’t be so bad.
This was one of the systems BFA introduced which was good in my opinion.
At the very least it would provide an alternative to the AH where you could dump unsellable items into it to be partially recycled when the price of materials outweighs the return on a sale (if it can be sold at all).

The number of alts people will create is only going to decrease over the course of the expansion as people work through the content. So I only see this as an issue that will get progressively worse over time where someone wants to start levelling up one of the crafting professions as you are for instance.
Probably even worse since your at the mercy of the AH for enchanted mats.
At least as a tailor/enchanter on this character I have some degree of control over those raw materials, before I have to consider levelling an alt if I had another combination for LW, BS or JC professions.

I hope Blizz are starting to look at some sort of catch up mechanism as I’m sure more ranks will be added come the next major content patch in 9.1 and beyond that will compound this issue.
It’s one thing to give professions meaning again but, it’s another thing entirely to gate it off to the majority of the player base because of the advantage some people had at the start of the xpac who had the foresight to power level their crafting skill.
To me it seems there was a very small window of opportunity to make a killing during the first few weeks which is fair enough on those who saw a chance for some in-game profiteering.
Although, now its swung completely the other way where nothing moves when posted for auction, especially the lower rank items.
They need to strike a balance which doesn’t exist at the moment for those still in the process of progressing their crafting skills.

You’re going to see the same thing happen as soon as 9.1 hits and the new ranks are added.

The XP you need to make the upgrades is indeed a lot. For a tailor, to get all 9 slots at rank 4, you do 15x3x9=405 (!!!) crafts. Even a single one costs quite a few gold and mats, let alone 400…

Maybe if the crafts gave 15 XP, there is less of a flood, and higher ranks wouldn’t cost a fortune. I’ve seen pieces going for 350K… who has this much money? Thanks, I’ll pass, gonna get R4 on my clothie main, and R2 maybe for alts.

i remember when i was lvling my cloth recipes it took like 400k just to get 1 rank4
and there is like 9pieces… over 3Mgold… and tailoring is the cheapest

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.