Shadowlands Preview: Adventures

Shadowlands Preview: Adventures

Prepare to put your tactical skills to the test. In the expansion’s new Adventures feature, you’ll send your allies into the Shadowlands to tackle unique challenges for your chosen Covenant. You’ll need to be strategic about how you take on these combat puzzles, including who you’ll send to face them and how you’ll use their skills to claim victory.

View Full Article

2 Likes

And when can we expect to enjoy said adventures? :wink:

2 Likes

Let’s just call it what it is, mission table 3.0

10 Likes

Is this prepatch?

You can polish a turd, but it’s still a turd :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

With formula of gameplay changed, think Adventures would work much better without “travel time”. Just so you can sit and play all adventures at hand.
Especially on mobile whole expirience would be much more fluent if you could send troops and see battle right after it… could add ‘recovery’ time after mission is done, to avoid using same units all the time.

2 Likes

A few more infos would have been nice. Like how long will these new missions take; what happens if you lose; will rewards be visible from the beginning or more like IEs where you can get a mount once in 1k missions; how relevant will it be; can you somehow take control of your monsters.
From the 5 pictures it looks like normal missions with the exception that you can now see where they derped. Maybe a video would have been better to show the system in 30s or so.
Also:

For example, you may want to make sure your toughest allies are placed in the front of the formation, with more fragile allies placed toward the back so damage to them is minimized and they can use their ranged abilities.

and in the picture below the tank is placed in the back row :joy:

2 Likes

why is it that when there’s something fun that doesn’t work quite well enough (underwater pathing) or isn’t balanced (warriors gladiator stance), they just abandon it

but when there’s something mind numbingly tedious and uninteresting they keep on reworking it and forcing it on us by tying it into the main content of the expansion time and again

I’d much rather they replaced it with something we actually take part in instead of the exact same minigame they’ve been throwing into every expansion with a different coat of paint

8 Likes

You’re the Champion/Commander now, tasked to do everything including picking up poop.

Can we stop with those “follower mission table” each expansion? It is useless, boring and does not worth the precious time and resources of developers…

6 Likes

Is this alt friendly?

If you’ve got to gear them up, no.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to the release of the AddOn that automates these “adventures” for me.

That’s in fact also the only part I’ll enjoy about it. Not having to do them myself.

I’ve never been a fan of browser games.

I’ve always hated the mission table.

Making the mission table more complicated won’t make it any more fun. I’m sorry to break it to you people. I’m sure you’ve put a lot of work into it and the idea sounded great on paper, but this will make people who don’t like the mission table make it despise even more.

And people who like the mission table will most likely be split about it as well.

I don’t see anything to be gained from this feature for most peoples gameplay experience. Let’s just hope it won’t be necessary to use this feature, other than the initial tutorial quest about it.

This is a statement I’ve made after experimenting with the latest “adventures” on beta, by the way, so I don’t speak from a second or third perspective of those “adventures”.

12 Likes

I mean, just a suggestion but…

These type of games lack alot to be enjoyable.

1. Customization
  2. Difficulty
  3. Rpg feel
  4. Whacky combos
  5. Rewards

Imo, if you manage to put these then the game would be much more fun, imo.

In the preview page , I’m seeing

Level
Health
Attack
Remaining Xp
And preset abilities

Wouldn’t the game be more fun if :-

1. you introduced stats I can choose from

2. There was a pool of abilities I can choose from ( like battle pets )

3. I can find items ( with effect on battles )

4. Just like dota underlords, there were " mini alliances " that gives bonuses

5. Players that choose to invest in these games can " reap the rewards " and I’m not thinking something akin to garrison gold making, rather think of Geralt from wticher 3 playing gwent gold making

6. PvP

1 Like

^this

Not a fan of the mission table, or turnbased games.
It would be better if this was a stand alone game, that leads to no rewards in the actual game.

Hopefully rewards will be bad enough so i can ignore it.

6 Likes

It’s funny that most of the ‘war campaign’ effort of BFA happened through a mission table interface. Is that going to happen again?

It’s even funnier when you can’t progress on actively playing the campaign because you decided to timegate it with an 8 hour ‘mission’.

If you’re worried about hurting the developer who made this trash features feelings, fine, keep it in the game, but only reward some gold, and never make it a requirement of the story.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.