Shadowlands Preview: Ardenweald and the Night Fae Covenant

Shadowlands Preview: Ardenweald and the Night Fae Covenant

A twilight-tinged afterlife for those closely connected to the wild, Ardenweald is a domain of restoration tended by the mystic night fae. Within this eternal forest, massive dream trees draw in precious anima to feed the spirits of nature awaiting rebirth.

View Full Article

15 Likes

I like blue stuff and love lamp

Now that they’ve revealed the 3rd covenant on the alpha out of 4, we can finally hope for Beta to come out soon…

In July hopefully!

Definitely choosing this covenant on my mage. It really seems like a very beautiful zone, but I’m still picking Venthyr on my main as I love supernatural stuff a lot.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to quest there!! New scenery for facebook pictures is about to come :smiley:

Bugs ? Butterflies ?

Nope… Not for me !

I’ll be choosing this for my Nightborne Priestess.
Although my main, Blood Elf Warlock, will be joining up with Venthyr.

Before each and every expansion announcement, I have always hoped for one about the Emerald Dream.
This feels like the closest to that, without being exactly it.
My expectations for the music in this zone are very high. Derek Duke please. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/QzMKeN4.jpg

The fairies sound annoying as hell but we may find druids, hunters or beasts which died in the early xpacks… any ideas ?

It looks absolutely fantastic. Having always played Druidic or otherwise enchanted races and classes, this is straight up my alley, but it looks great in its own right, too. The ancient forest that has not yet collapsed, but looks about to.

I do worry about the gameplay though; The mage power from Ardenweald seems completely worthless; but maybe there will be other reasons to pick it. Time will tell.

This actually reminds me of Ori and the Will of the Wisps’s Inkwater Marsh. That is a huge compliment, by the way, but make sure you’ve got some great weather effects in this one! It deserves that so much.

Watch the first 2-3 minutes of this and I think you’ll know what I’m referring to…

And don’t worry too much about spoilers, even though it is a walkthrough. This is literally the start of the game.

2 Likes

The Game Director is a former Cinematic Artist at Blizzard, so… :yum:
And yeah, the color palette seems especially similar. Lots of bright colors that catch attention, against darker contrasting colors in the background. And both Ori and Blizzard seem to always make the colors “pop”.
It’s hard not to appreciate.

1 Like

I didn’t actually know that.

Well… there are no accidents.

Either way, given some good weather effects and animation on top of what I’ve been shown, which is still images of course, this zone could actually rival some of, in my opinion, the best looking games of all time.

And honestly, with the exception of Warcraft 3: Reforged, Blizzard animation has always been excellent, and WoW also had the best weather effects in the world when they were added. But they need to be applied here. So yeah, I have a lot of trust in this one being good actually.

1 Like

This looks amazing!!

This makes my inner Kaldorei is very happy!

Hey ! are you in alpha ? haven’t seen you here some time.

Definitely picking Ardenweald for this char, the mail sets look awesome and the mounts oh the mount want them all!

1 Like

Nope, I’m just a pleb spending far too much time checking alpha stuff e.e

1 Like

This for some reason reminds me of that tree that was close and below dalaran

I am looking forward to this, especially now that the Torghast timer is gone.

Quite a beautiful zone! Props to the zone designers and artists yet again!

You’re a dog…

And a hunter…

And you don’t like nature? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: