Shadowlands Season 3 Ending Soon

It is a bit sad that we cannot take our time with the final Ahead of the curve like it was the case in a lot of the previous expansions.

My guild will probably get there in time (on Rygelon now) but it still gives me mixed feelings

1 Like

I don’t like the way u shorten the season. I don’t have my BiS to push M+ as I want, I can’t clear the raid, I don’t want these stupid nerfes for the raid, let us play the content and take our time. Stop “hasting” through content because u want to release Dragonflight this year, I don’t know anybody who believes that u will make it good at this time. U destroyed M+ rating enough with the last patch, give us time to catch up… don’t end the season after 23 weeks of rotation wtf.

If raids are being tunned accordingly. It’s just stupid to make a longer and harder tier lasting shorter than their SL counterparts.
Legion raids were mostly tuned for 22 weeks besides tos so it’s not a matter of seasons length but rather Blizzard not being able to offer a challenge accordingly. S3 lasting 5 months would have been fine if Anduin was the last boss.

I’d even argue it’s not that big of a deal for a closing tier to last 9 months because it’s not like new content will be released soon.

If I compare up to Mop, Then Sofo is the shortest ending tier releases ever since, which is just stupid considering that S4 is not even bringing in new actual content.

2 Likes

Pushing s4 out after 5 months of s3 is a decent idea from a pvp and m+ perspective but…

Removing AOTC and CE in argueably one of - if not the hardest raid tier ever, after only 5 months, is a massive blow to the huge part of the raiding community that raids mythic 2 raid/week. I think we can all agree that 7-8 months is a bit too long for a raid tier, but why make the longest and hardest tier of the expansion the shortest by far?

The lenght of the Shadowlands seasons have been and are planned as follows:
s1 - December 15th 2020 till July 13th 2021 - 7 months
s2 - July 13th 2021 till March 8th 2022 - 8 months
s3 - March 8th 2022 till August 2nd 2022 - ~5 months
s4 - August 2nd 2022 till December 31st 2022 - ~5 months

Not only is s3 the shortest with slightly less than 5 months, but it was argueably even shorter given the time it took to get tier sets and wait for double leggo, to be able to progress properly. Many of the nerfs that have come since the beginning have removed the huge walls that were in the middle of the tier - like Halondrus. But many of the nerfs have also come too little to late, and did not account for the time already spent progressing pre-nerfs. (Fx Lihuvim is an absolute joke now with the whole raid being able to stack on Cosmic Shift, but that nerf has had no impact for guilds that were actually on route to CE.)

While it cant replace a new raid tier, I am personally a big fan of this experimental season instead of just months and months of nothing until the new expansion, but pushing it this early at the expense of so many guilds just feels like an unnecessary own-goal. While we dont know the total subscriber numbers I’m willing to bet the people progressing 2 raids/week for many months - usually almost the entire tier, are a substantial portion of the active player base, ESPECIALLY at the end of tiers when sub numbers are undoubtedly in freefall in all other aspects of the game. These people are the ones that remain. And they are the ones that get their chance at CE taken away from them now.

My guild was doing good and was on route to get CE mid to late August, but now I think our raiders will realise CE is out of reach, lose motivation to play and cancel their sub to wait for s4 or even for Dragonflight.

2 Likes

I come to voice my opinion on this matter, and I agree with the first posters above, this is way too soon.

Not only do CE raiders suffer, but also KSH. Im trying to get KSH aka all 20+s done without friends / premade and with pugs I don’t think Im able to play that much as I think I need to achieve this. Please reconsider and delay.

1 Like

This is the dumbest design ever. Why not have an NPC in the raid to let the players chose if they want to play the fated or the regular version?
Blizzard tries to fight a content draught by removing the content players actually still play? When CE is unavailable in S4 most of the current raiders will stop playing, ingenious design really.

Because what is the point of fated then? Let’s see first, how fated is gonna feel. Maybe it’s more fun

CN and SoD on current gear levels…
That’s the intent off their entire experiment aswell…

SoFo is a :poop: raid, I want to play CN but WITHOUT :poop: affixes.

Sadly, S4 will be a way to late April fools joke.
Raid and M+ both ruined and Aotc/CE will be unavailable, so I’ll just stop playing… :man_shrugging:

Because 3-4 months would fit your guild or schedule? Hah!

I mean, might as well just make the CE achievement only available the first 5 weeks!
I would personally like that better - just make it only obtainable for the absolute elite.

Kind of an elitist jerk comment … but I guess that’s some people for you.

Games and communities evolve - in it origin having killed 5/7 mythic bosses was an achievement. But with the current generations need for instant rewards and completism - its become more about having finished content.
Minding that Blizzard continuously increase player power and that they constant nerfs bosses every tier : they want more people to achieve CE.
At this point, players expect that at least +1100 guilds will get CE, and we are at 500 atm.
So they gut the bosses to fulfil the quotas, making the achievement worth little.

I want the time, no the nerfs. (time to do the same amount of pulls as other guilds)

1 Like

It’s hard to take but this is the truth

CE is the content for the ELITE of this game
if you struggle to get CE after 6 or 7 months of artificially prolonged season
i don’t know what to say to you

The problem is, guilds who are just raiding 2 Day’s or just 1 Day a week just got their a** kicked this tier. They are now somewhere between Anduin and Rygelon and now dont have enough time to get CE with the 4 Weeks. I really would like some information in advance especially for guild who are not raiding 12+ Hours a week.

1 Like

I agree it should be for the elite, however I do not define elite as people whom has more spare time. I define elite as players who play better. You are not elite if you kill a boss 2 months before me and had to spend and additional 100 pulls doing it.

4 Likes

Dear Blizzard, can we get a confirm on if you are changing the end time, or sticking with it? Me and my CO-2-day-raiders would like to know if we should unsub till next expansion or not.

1 Like

I gave up…
I am waiting untill DF and not pre-purchasing untill I know more. Need to know if it’s gonna be another trashcan fire or not.

3 Likes

Hello, my Crystal Dwarf!
Nice to see, you got a name and a job! Outside of BFA.
I bet Mother! Is happy for you!

And the trashcan fire that Blade and Soul was :rofl:

Dont know about others but season3 was so bad for me
every week doing mythics+ opening up to 3 vault slots, in other character radiing sotfo raid and too few items droped / appeared
like blizz had lowered drop rate in everything
even this moment havent seen on shaman 6 slot pieces/14 appearing in vault…and missed only 1-2 weeks since s3 launched
is it blizz system not to drop items supposed to drop so you come next week?
it happened only to me and other players are pelased? dont know what to say
but if s4 is same low drop rate …i ll chill logging cause no reason to play and get some gold and flux at end only

1 Like

bye chu chu

sorry to disappoint you