Shadowlands: Watch the Eternity’s End Developer Preview

So basically they’re trying to force players to do dailies in the new zone, it’s not optional anymore.

imagine if the endgame world quest system was for every zone in the game…

would make a tiny bit more enjoyable at least.

i dont know whythey dont add world quests to old zones just for the reps…

1 Like

I like how vegetation clips against that rock in that picture on left side. Looks like quality is par with the rest of the Shadowlands. I also do not care that it was put together in panic 2 nights ago. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Even in Legion there were such clipping issues. That is not so uncommon in open worlds. Many open world games have sometimes clipping because of overlooking details. The more details a world contains the harder it gets for the eye to spot them instantly.

Legion was terrible expansion. If they cant build world and biome correctly, maybe they need hire younger people with better eyesight.

1 Like

You clearly can’t read, since I specifically said that you hadn’t done much PvP from legion onwards.

That isn’t for a developer to decide though is it? That’s the player’s choice.

1 Like

As a game developer with a reputation in the past to create highly addictive games like WoW classic when it came out, they are in kind-off a responsibility position.

Here we are with the guessing excuses again. Yet Blizzard released Classic again not that long ago. Anything else you would like to guess and use as an Excuse? Maybe use Destiny 2 game design as an example? I suppose you think one time use skins in the store is a good idea too?

I often wander, if wow released today would it be popular…probably wouldn’t last as long as wildstar did.

you need to start thinking about whats appealing to people both inside and outside of your game and not how long can we milk these ‘loyal payers’ before they leave.

2 Likes

I dare ti say when they in the video say that with 10 will begin a new experience " they are heading in this way.
But im not sure its the right path…

I am hoping 9.2 or a small patch prior to that will fix that.
Usually a problem for toys and other interactables. Even recent additions have a 5-10 second effect with an hourlong cooldown in most cases.
Isn’t the point of collectables to be something you actually -want- to collect in the first place?.. They just collect dust cause they aren’t fun.
Even cool ideas like the reflecting prism they added a while back aren’t fun because they limit the use of them to much.

1 Like

Me 2…When can we play it?

Still didn’t had a minute to hotfix pvp-mistweaver ( after 400 days )

what i bought this exp for?

“you can now walk on the water”

yeah, never done that before in wow :joy:

devs clearly do not play the game

I really appreciate, that blizzard keeps working on their game, but this 9.2 is just another timesink for ilvl grinders. I bet you, many people wont even see this content. I myself am subscribed, but I dont know, if I care to grind up another maw/korthia.
Instead, blizzard should work on some general longlasting changes:

• arena/bg mode without ilvl
    When a new player logs in and sees he has to get ilvl before any fun, he quits. I see it all the time

• optional end-game zone
    Now we all do that one end-game zone 10% of people will visually like, while 90% gets nausea.
    Just give every old npc faction above exalted rewards and world quests and be done with it. For some people, they would be happy to do Suramar instead of this 9.0-9.2 afterworld thingy

• preserving gameplay systems
    Everytime new expansion hits, blizz throw all the good stuff out like they did the mage tower, argent tournament, order halls, garrisons etc etc etc
    Just let people do their class quest line, for God’s sake.

I write on it expansively here

Blizzard keeps working on its game, but in a wrong direction.
Instead of making short-lived zones for ilvl grinders, the majority of wow base won’t even ever see, they need to make some obvious long-overdue changes in old content:

• Arena/BG mode without ilvl
    Because, with so many great games out there, where you can have fun immediately, why would a casual player grind ilvl to maybe at some point (never) have fun in your game? New players just unsub

• End-game zone choice
    You can’t have all endgame in one zone. Some people will like it, some WILL get nausea.
    Every faction should have over-exalted-reputation rewards and world quests.
    If people want to do Suramar, you cant make them grind Korthia, its bad game experience

• Keep good ideas
    Dont throw out new old gameplay systems every time new expansion hits, like you did mage tower, argent tournament grounds, artefacts, order halls, garrisons, visions of nzoth etc.
    If people want to do their class quest instead of these shadowlands quests, let them

Just because LFR would open at the same time, doesn’t mean people wouldn’t want to do the other difficulties anymore. That’s just wrong thinking. Just like those people who think that people will ‘magically’ start doing other raid difficulties if you remove some; it doesn’t work like that.

Happy now? XD

1 Like

You are a beautiful Cow…I mean Tauren. <3

Edit: Gave you a like for your commitment to follow through, and what I assume is all good humour. :thinking:

1 Like