Shadows Rising

Why is the Shadows Rising book impossible to find in the EU?

Every Audio version available is region locked to America and our Kindle version isn’t out till the 28th why does the EU have to wait so long to get hold of this digitally?

I pre-ordered the paperback but there is a 6 day delay so it wont be arriving till the 20th.

I can almost guarantee every WoW site and Youtube channel will be posting about this book in the next few days.

I’m going to be actively trying to avoid any spoilers for the next week and may even have to mute most chat channels in game to avoid possible discussion by those who read said spoilers.

I didn’t have this issue with Before the Storm, Illidan or War Crimes its infuriating.

5 Likes

Funnily enough Illidan and War Crimes still arent available on Audible in the UK and Before the Storm was realised months after the expansion had launched.

Trying to find an audio version of Shadows Rising is also proving difficult…

With so much good fantasy authors out there, and you chose to spend your time chasing Blizzard writing.

Is it wrong to enjoy a light read between expansions?

Not to mention i can get the other authors books easily and have no need to be posting on forums about how i can’t find Tolkien, R Martin, Pratchett, King etc.

Thing is, ive read three books by blizzard. In all honesty they were mediocre at best, just trying to persuade you from wasting time, thats all.

Carry on regardless, and enjoy if you do.

I was wondering why Amazon was saying it will be delivered on the 20th. Anyone know what the reason for the delay is??

Gonna check a bookshop tomorrow just in case but not holding my breath. I hate spoiler dodging.

This sort of thing isn’t new and is possibly down to copyright or some other legal issue.

I’ve seen this on many occasions, one example was when Icewind Dale 2 was released, you could buy the official guide/hint book 2 months before the game was available in the UK.

Well, to be fair. If you care about the lore of the game, you’ll need to get it from sources outside the game as well. The lore provided in the game is not sufficient to explain the entire plot by itself.
Which is a mistake from my point of view, but it is sadly the case.

1 Like

and i am with you 100%, but considering the trajectory Activision-Blizzard has taken the lore, i find it futile to even deem their writing relevant from a reading pleasure point of view.

this is all academic of course, its simply my opinion. Apologies if it came out crude.

Most of the wow books are actually excellent, and if you’ve only read 3 then you can’t really judge considering how many they are.

With the exception of illidan, the books are a great read especially for those of us into lore.

Regarding Shadows Rising, it really irks me that we can’t get in the UK until a week or more after release, and i know other countries in Europe are also having delay issues.

I managed to get hold of the Audiobook using a free trial of the many audio book services out there… I have since cancelled my order of the book.

If Blizzard don’t make stuff like this available globally then people will find alternative ways of getting the product loosing money as a result. I would of happily purchased the Kindle version, If it was available on the 14th as i much prefer to read over listen to a book.

Lord knows how many people have simply downloaded a pirated PDF or MP3 of the book due to this delay.

Nothing wrong with that tho, only heard positive things about Shadow Rising so far. Not all Blizz books are written by the same author, and this one seemingly did a good job this time around.

Now gotta see if they’ll just expect the whole playerbase to read the book and throw in-game content without any context like the war of thorns, or do a decent job this time around with the pre patch event.

Not that it’s easy to pull off either. It’s much easier to expand the lore with books than in game content, altho i completely agree that there’s a need for balance and it wasn’t met in BFA.

I’m not sure where you’re from specifically, but I can order it from a national ‘amazon’ type website without issue.

Impossible and impossible…

I bought the E-book when it released, and love every moment of it so far.

So it’s not impossible.

I bought the E-book on Google Play

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.