Shaman for solo

Hey, how are shamans for solo/casual play ?

1 Like

Average to bad. They can solo most stuff just fine, but most other classes will be better for that imo.

2 Likes

which classes ?

Pretty much every class except priest. I recommend hunter, DK, DH or a rogue. Maybe warlock too.

1 Like

Best class for solo casual play (imo) is hunter but I reckon most classes have a level of soloability. You just need to know how to make the best of your abilities.

I get on well with destro warlock as much as bm hunter but found that time from 116-120 tougher on the lock, it definitely felt the weakness more than the hunter did.

Just my opinion of course.

I’ve not played my shammy since prepatch so can’t compare them really. I did solo it before then but no idea what it’s like now.

1 Like

Solo what?

Seriously.

For soloing dungeons at level, or Rare-Elites, you want something with a Tank spec, and probably not Warrior because of the lack of self-heals. My #1 choice is Paladin, though my preference over Monk, Death Knight, Druid, DH is purely down to what I enjoy.

For general questing, you want something with a lot of DPS burst while still being generally tanky with self-heals. My #1 choice would be Demon Hunter. Paladin and DK are close.

For farming old dungeons and raids where you are just blowing through tissue paper you want something that moves fast, with on-demand burst and miles of effortless AoE. Absolutely anything will work, but my personal choice is … wait for it … Arcane Mage. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say that Monk, Druid, Paladin tick all the boxes pretty well, and I’d call them the best all round soloing classes. DK, DH, Hunter, Warlock are also in consideration. You can certainly quest with any class, and you can farm old content with any class, but while Shaman, Mage, Priest, Warrior and Rogue all have their strong points, and can be great in specific areas, they all have weaknesses or awkwardnesses in other areas you will want to engage in solo.

If you ask technically, the answer has to be Druid, simply because Druid has ALL the features of everything: a tank spec, a ranged spec with effortless AoE, self-heals all day, stealth, maybe a bit short on quick burst. But the animal forms and the playstyles are not to everybody’s taste.

And having said all of that, it is all still less important than what you enjoy playing. I like Mage, so I mostly play Mage, and find ways to compensate for its weaknesses is certain areas.

3 Likes

I love Warlocks… Hunter is close second but the fact you have soulstone and healthstones and can drain health… plus tanky pet.

1 Like

Pretty much this

Openworld is a pain

Druid, Paladin, Monk, Warrior, Death knight, Demonhunter, Warlock, Mage, Hunter & Rogue

2 Likes

I’m having very much fun playing my ench shammy. Certainly not topping any recount meters but she’s self sufficient. With care, planning and some heals I can manage quite tough mobs. Good in groups too; hero, a few totems and minor heal + tank pet if things go south. Fine doing old content because of speedy wolf form that works indoors and you can use spells that kill or at least damage the mobs as you run + heal you.Play some more and see how it feels for you.

If you want an easy going char with good dps I say go for good old BM hunter. We got some love from Blizzard regarding dps, mobility is great and suits the current gameplay. Get a spirit beast for heals and dispels.

1 Like

If you like switching between caster/melee, like me getting bored of one when I play the other then it’s the class. I keep gears for both. Somedays, I want to chill and go with elemental. Other days, I go enhancement for some serious button smashing. Also enha gets buff next week with 3% dmg for everything.

1 Like

You had any problems with voidy being silly and not holding aggro atm ? Since 8.3 they seem very mean at dropping aggro .

I am not playing atm, but when I do I am Demo and Felguard does great.

Im playing destro atm maybe time to change spec for a while thank you for the tip .

1 Like

I find they do just fine a great set of utility totems, hexes to cc and elemental’s to tank stuff, I had no problem whatsoever and the tank pet has not much problem with agro I find it holds ago pretty steady which is great.

1 Like

Would be nice if Shaman could have a perma pet.

4 Likes

Not all that great imo. One of the reasons I stopped playing my shaman when world quests first started getting implemented.

Hunter is an amazing go-to for solo playing. Pet can easily tank world rares/elites and quest mobs.

1 Like

I totally agree with this, but I hate the lack of self heals… they need to bring spirit bond back.

2 Likes

I totally not agree with you here. :slight_smile: BM hunter has never been better, enjoy while it lasts! :smiley: Azerite traits are a lot better than spirit bond, don’t miss it. Not going into details, sorry being lazy. But spirit beasts is the way to go, great tanks that can heal and dispel + pick your traits to what suits you and not icy veins.

I have Hunters and Locks and Locks win for me by miles.