Sharding still active on RP Realm capitals and old world zones (Argent Dawn-EU)

Reposting
Just as the topic states, we had sharding enabled due to the Treasure Goblin event that lasted up until yesterday. If it wasn’t enabled I’m sure both Orgrimmar and Stormwind had been unplayable.

However, the event’s done and sharding is still active, hindering the RP community in its main and most important function, which is interaction with one another.

Please disable it ASAP.

10 Likes

This is a tweet from way back in 2018 but as far as I’m aware it still applies

By default, sharding is always disabled on RP realms, except where needed for server stability. When events drive large numbers of players to specific areas, we shard them as needed. Sharding has once again been disabled, but we expect it will be needed for launch events soon.

If the goblin event is anything like the ones we have (on non RP realms) the lag is insane and sharding is very much needed.

Yeah, it makes sense that for some occasions it’s impossible to avoid sharding. But the Goblin is gone and the sharding isn’t unfortunately.

1 Like

The Goblin event is over now, yet sharding remains. Making RP still impossible in the capital cities. And yes, during the event sharding was needed, because even with shards the cities lagged.
Please, @Blizzard, fix this ASAP.

1 Like

Yush, I want to see them roleplayers that hang near the cathedral do their thing.

I agree it should definitely go back to normal now.

Indeed, remove sharding from Stormwind and Orgrimmar on roleplay realms.

Sharding is supposed be OFF on roleplay realms.

There is no expansion launch, no event, no abnormal server stress, no lag and no huge numbers of players, so, there is no reason at all to keep it on, as it severely limits our preferred gameplay on our roleplay realm.

2 Likes

Yes, please. Please remove sharding from the RP realm capitals. This is very bad for the role playing community.

I would encourage the use of the Feedback in game function.

1. Press the Esc key to open the Game Menu, and click Support.
  2. Click Submit feedback or bug report.
  3. Click Submit a suggestion.
  4. Follow the guidelines on the submission form, and enter your suggestion.
  5. Click Submit.

As well as this topic ofc. But more avenues can’t hurt.

This is getting seriously annoying.

That roleplay can’t function properly with sharding on is not a new thing, yet each time sharding is used for whatever reason roleplayers have to beg and scream for weeks to have it turned off again. It’s the same thing every damn time. And sharding is just a switch they can flip on and off, so, it’s not as if it requires extensive patching or anything like that.

To roleplayers, this situation is very frustrating and it honestly makes us feel neglected, or even unwanted, as a playerbase.

1 Like

they won´t fix it due to the weekend, if anything, Wednesday will most probably be when you can play holy paladins in the cathedral.

Yeah their lying, Few weeks before goblin event on a monday night 4am (on AD) myself and a friend where on different shards no way in hell was was it busy, there was like 4 people in stormind

See they still haven’t learned their lession from last time.
I sent a bug report regarding this, suggest others do the same.

1 Like

Meanwhile Orgrimmar seems alright. It’s probably still phased, but not as bad as Stormwind. Stormwind is still empty. Very disappointing…

1 Like

FYI it’s going away with tomorrow’s reset.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.