Shell corporation trolling

Are you kidding us with this quest…?

This Q is such a troll infested quest, not to mention LONG because, like, 3 snails spawn and half a realm is doing it.

Stop trolling us.

15 Likes

I was about to rant about this too so I’ll add my comments here.

Quest TLDR: Pick a mushroom > feed to snail > obtain item.

It sounds fine, except…

1. The mushrooms only last 60 seconds once picked and you can’t mount or use a movement ability, else they vanish.
  2. The snails to be fed are the same ones for the profession quests, so they’re all dead and the respawns are very slow.
  3. If you manage to find a mushroom and a snail close to each other, the snail turns green when fed - even if it was in combat with another player. Grats, you just griefed them doing their profession quest. They are now as fed up of this as you are.
  4. The item dropped by the snail falls on the floor and anyone can pick it up. I’m not sure if everyone has realised this is a thing, but having had mine stolen twice, it’s getting annoying.
  5. The snail then despawns as if killed and we wait for a replacement.

I don’t think I even need to explain why this is terrible quest design. There are multiple ways to make this less painful, so hopefully it will be hotfixed before the next time it shows up :smile_cat:

12 Likes

Not to mention that picking up a shroom make it despawn for other players. Please fix this. This kind of WQ are a thing of the past, WQ shouldn’t be a competition between players.

10 Likes

Any ability used (including blink for mages) will cancel the Mushroom buff :frowning:

3 Likes

Actual troll quest… don’t bother doing the mechanic… just kill the snails… dropping questitems like 75% of the time.

cheers

1 Like

REMOVE this quest if you refuse to improve so please let me ask you. How come you never learned lesson, dev team? It is absolutely bad design from your side, Blizzard! FIX THIS!!!

3 Likes

Yeah i just finished it by repeatedly killing them which leads to shells dropping most of the time, doing the mushroom thing means someone else will take the snail the before you or they’ll outright steal the shell after you use the mushroom.

3 Likes

If the devs really want to stop this death (of the game) by a 1000 cuts they should prevent all these cuts. Add to that the “Ambergrease” Quest. Fighting over quest objects with other players in a time where anyone can tag any mob and still get kill credit.

3 Likes

They never learn. It’s every single patch, always the same.

1 Like

Garbage quest from garbage game designers.

1 Like

Yeah, this quest is absolutely awful in so many ways.
Did this as a Druid, and if you click on the mushrooms in any of your forms, it just despawns.

I feel sorry for people doing this in social hours. I did this on a morning and even then people were killing the snails left right and center.

Classic wow quest.

Pack in a tight area both groups needing to kill and needing the thing alive in an area and you turn a simple quest into a 30 min affair. MAU numbers grow, player frustration also grows. This is the kind of quest that makes people leave wow when they see that blizz is taking the mickey with their time and real life.

Apart from that there is no help from the UI as to what to do. I had to use wowhead, once again, to find out what i need to do even. The text tells you next to nothing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.