Shield mastery & gladiator stance suggestion

Hi,

Suggestion for a hotfix/future update:

As of now shieldmastery reduces the effect of all disarm effects on you by 50%

Gladiator stance gives you 10% increased block chance.

As gladiator stance is mainly used for pvp/dps, and shieldmastery is used by tanks in PvE content, is it possible to switch these 2 around?

Just a suggestion, would like what people think about this, as I see that having disarm duration reduced as a tank running shield mastery is also nice.
They just feel misplaced to me

10% damage?

And glad stance

Please no

I was only talking about the disarm/10% chance to block effects, rest remains untouched.

Understand that some use gladstance in pve as I mentioned above if you read it, also by some few tanks at the top of the charts, but this wouldn’t change with what I suggested as they run both runes. Some deep prot tanks would like to run only shield mastery however

Your reasoning?

I want 10% damage

My suggestion does not remove that 10% dmg from the rune. I only want the disarm effect and 10% chance to block to switch places.

Edit:
I only want the two effects to switch places; 50% reduced disarm duration and 10% chance to block. Not the rest of the runes effects, or the rune slots. This might have been poorly worded

I tried gladiator stance, specced in it, etc.

And wow it was horrible for everything but doing OK as a tank.

Not sure why anyone in his right mind would use it in PvP since it mainly requires a shield to be able to use abilities from other stances, and even if you macro weapon swaps from 2h to 1h + shield you are dead before being able to do any damage. Tried doing couple duels with rogues on the said stance and was doing 400-450 dmg with overpower on 1h + shield while I was getting deleted by the rogues like I had 0 armor.

Also would rather go for that useless 30% heal over 10 seconds to sometimes/half of the time be able to survive DoT damage from a priest or warlock while running after closing my monitor and praying I survive.

Strictly speaking as someone geared in PvP rank7 gear, maybe having tanking gear on said stance would give little extra survivability, but not sure why someone would pvp in tanking gear anyway.

1 Like