Shiny Pet Charms worthless now?

I am serious pissed that Blizzard prevents me from using my Shiny Pet Charms to buy pet level-up tokens and what not at the battle pet masters. I mean, the Shiny Pet Charms even say I can redeem them at the battle pet masters, but that is a complete lie! I hate that they did that. I would of course have used my tokens prior to BoA, if only I knew it. They could have changed the tooltip to include some warning. That would have been the bare minimum. I seriously hate Blizzard for this action, especially because it (to me) seemed unlikely to happen (system hadn’t been changed for years).

3 Likes

You can buy Levelups and all that in the dalaran pet shop still :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any stones cost the new currency, no matter the place they’re purchased in.
All you can buy for the old charms are 4 WoD pets, 6 Legion pets, and 4 toys, including both pet mirrors.
The toys are fun to keep (remember about Toybox Tycoon, too!) and Spirit Wand is a great alternative to consumable Ghostly Pet Biscuits.

I’ve still been selling some of old pets. The prices drop, and will drop, but they’re not hopeless yet, especially when you get a nice breed of Autumnal Sproutling. Now, if only they made a Nightwatch Swooper tradeable…

Sadly not anymore. I am sitting on about 900 of them and have all the stuff that you can buy with them. Maybe some sort of trade would have been nice.

1 Like

Oh my bad, i thought you ment the new currency, yea the old one is useless, i had 1500 but i spent them on alot of stuff when i heard we got new ones … Don’t really get why we need new ones, could just update the old ones to the new ones.

Afaik it was because they didnt want players with huge stockpiles to be able to buy everything on the first day of bfa

1 Like

The excuse actually was they didn’t want people to feel like they had to go back to old content to farm as many charms as they could.
Ofcourse Blizzard has to tell us when we have farmed enough crap.
How about adding all old transmogs into new content then? Then we also don’t have to go back to old dungeons and raids.

1 Like

Kind of wishful, but for one, I don’t really believe something like “old content” should be assumed in pet battles.
For gameplay purposes the “old content” is something which becomes irrelevant because of the character going forward.
In pet battles, once you go through old world tamers and level your pets to 25, there is no going forward; not that much. You may get new combinations of racials, stats and spells, and this is something which eventually impacts the gameplay, but you’re not supposed to faceroll opponents by a mere expansion gap.
So as much as I can notice the inconvenience this change has brought in, it’s also a signal to me that in this already tumultous state of the game I can’t expect all the priorities to be kept… and as it often happens, seemingly minor (lack of) decisions have consequences which tend to be overlooked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.