Shocking achievement bugged

So as a casual dad gamers guild who focuses manily on 10 man, we find to very fun when we manage to achieve our goals. we got down 17/17 in the first week, and have the last 2 weeks even manged OS10 3D. super fun!

While doing our weekly nax runs we have also tried to work our way through the Glory of the raider (10m) achieve for that sweet proto drake mount.

Since we are casual dad gamers, we get far from any ideal roster, but we make due with what we have.

So last night when we attemted the Schoking achieve, we even did some RP test runs, so that people would know how to move, it’s super annoying when we kill the boss, WITHOUT taking and damage from the charges.

People joke all the time about “small indie company” and so on, but checking on wowhead this was even a bug back in the days.

We are actually paying to play this game, but when its so bugged, it feels like getting ripped off.

Is there any ways for you to actually fix this? do you even care/bother?

It’s a real kick in the nuts, when we do what we are supposed to, but live in fear to not get the rewards because of all the bugs. specially since you clearly are speedrunning all expacs and phases, specially when as a casual dad gamer, we dont have the opportunity to play all day long on 120 different characters.

BLIZZ PLZ FIX, and give us our achievement!

What is the bug exactly? I did 10 and 25 man achevement, and all you have to do is move instantly on polarity change, if need be. You can even run straight through the boss and not get zapped, if you move at once.

would be helpful to share logs

Bug is that we moved, and didnt get the achievement :slight_smile:
Here are the logs
https:// classic.warcraftlogs. com/reports/4XkmFxaNzcQ63Jwh#fight=23&type=damage-taken&options=3

had to put in some spaces in the link cause it didnt allow me to post links?

I’ve read rumours that if you attempt Shocking and you fail in whatever way, you must make sure everybody dies before attempting it again.

Checking logs on my phone is a pain but what I can see is the wipe before the clean kill only has 9 deaths, so the 10th guy reset it while surviving?
The guy who survived the 2nd try took polarity damage on the 2nd try and then stayed alive until the 3rd try so that probably ruined your kill. Cannot confirm any of this though.
I hope I made it clear enough, sometimes I suck at explaining but it sounds crystal clear in my head.

yeah, that might be it. we DI’ed the priest when we decided to reset. at the door. and waited for everything to reset. would have thought that would be enough, since it technically restarts the fight.
Still a bug imo?
pallys have DI for a reason?

We did static spread tactics with a dbm range check on 18 yds, nobody took damage from charge (there is not even possibility when doing static spread) and even addon didn’t call that achievement is failed. Yet we did not get the achievement. Somebody in raid told us that we will earn it some days later or something, but nothing happened so far.

After some asking around, I was told that achievement might bug out if you get hit by charges crossing and then do a purposeful wipe. Is this the case? We did a lot of unsuccesful tries before we decided to do static spread.

The thing being bugged is not far fetched, given how many bugs there are at the moment. You should just try again in a fresh ID. Immediately running as soon as the polarity changes, works fine. Even right through the boss.

It is a bug, and it is the reason why you failed. Many guilds have faced the exact same issue if you check reddit the past 2 months. It’s also the same with stuff like grobb gas clouds, even if the boss dies, if you die to the gas it fails immortal

It’s just how achievements were tracked when the game first started doing them. Doubt the classic skeleton crew have time to remedy it

For future achievements I recommend searching reddit and the wowhead page for the achievement. I just checked the shocking achievement and there’s a comment from 2009 stating that DI won’t reset the polarity tracking, and fail your achievement

Check friendly fire on logs. Pretty sure you will find a couple names on it

Did your melee stand at max melee attack range?

It’s already been solved guys read the posts.

You can get shocking only on the first try per reset. Whether that’s intended or not i don’t know, but it is what it is.

Incorrect, I wiped with my guild 3 times until we got it on our 4th attempt just two weeks ago. You have to full wipe. OP had people using divine intervention and the achievement progress did not properly reset due to that

That’s a possible explanation. Full wipe didn’t work for my guild the week before we got the achievement.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.