Should Blood Elves get the new diversed human skin tones in SL?

Quite.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/007/594/337/large/diego-gisbert-llorens-high-elves-wip4c.jpg?1507199457

Would love more skin tones and things. Do it, Blizzard, you coward.

Earthen and frostborne skintone for dwarves!

Dwarves deserve NUFFIN.

Silvermoon for the Blood Elves, nuff said.

i think we can all agree people only want, specifically, asian belf cause they wanna play their japanese wifey elf

2 Likes

who asked omg

begins to sweat

No.

Unless there’s a lore reason for it.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind that tanning works in reverse for elves. More sun = lighter skin.

2 Likes

If I don’t get my forest troll skin option I’m gonna skin myself in rage

1 Like

Same.

VENGEANCE FOR ZUL’JIN!!!

Would be cool to RP Revantusks in Horde with their actual appearance.

1 Like

It would almost seem that way, eh?

I just wish Blizzard would update those beefy troll models to present day and make them a selectable option for playable trolls :sob:

1 Like

I kinda find the “blood elves are a fantasy race, not human, and don’t need diverse skintones” argument a bit weak when they (along with dwarves and maybe gnomes even) use the very human “white by default” skintone and are coded very close and relatable to humans (like in all the classic fantasy that Warcraft is based on too). There’s no reason for them not to have varied human skintones then.

5 Likes

Going by Tolkien’s elves and humans, the two are both the Children of Ilúvatar, and are therefore greatly similar in form. Using that, they presumably are capable of having the same skin colours, be it light or dark.

Pretty much this.

Tolkien’s writings are a pretty good reference point when it comes to modern fantasy, but I do see a bit of a irony in this too. People are so ready to accept things like bearded female dwarves (Of course this is due to Knaak having them mentioned in Day of the Dragon), but suddenly when there’s mention of a darker skinned elven character it becomes a seminar.

4 Likes

Say this is not a plan :expressionless:

Beards are seen as a sign of beauty in women among the Wildhammer, according to Day of the Dragon. I can’t imagine it’s something Blizzard will actually implement, but it would be interesting if they did.

1 Like

Also, it is good to know it’s only a sign of beauty amongst one of many clans, instead of all of them.

Gives abit of uniqueness to the Clans.

I’d say the clans are already very diverse, but yeah, agreed. That they don’t adhere to human perceptions of beauty is super cool.

1 Like