Should I change main?

So I have noticed it can be a pain to get into groups with my ret pally… im 2.4k rating, 9/9H and 480 ilvl. I’ve noticed i only really get in pug raids if they are low on dps players…and ive noticed when i am in a group the sheer amount of ret pallys that apply. So i am kinda thinking i might not be getting i groups because they already have a few ret pallys… a lot of raids ive done always have a fair few ret pallys in them lol
Is this people on alts or is there generally a lot of ret paladins out there?
Its kinda making me think about maining another class either next season or expansion.
Just want to hear other peoples opinions
Also could the amount of ret paladins be why getting in high keys is hard?

Currently there’s a legendary so the plate classes will be more popular than usual. Also I’m pretty sure if DPS you just have a hard time finding groups no matter what.

1 Like

The are a lot of rets around, but there are also a lot of keys. Do you have the ‘premade groups filter’ addon that shows you the class and spec breakdown of groups before you apply to them? That would help you to avoid wasting time by applying to groups that already have a ret.

You also have the option of listing your own key, which is the easiest way to guarantee yourself a spot! You’ve reached the key level (18 and up) that gives the highest upgrade track gear in the weekly vault, so you’re starting to compete for spots against people with much higher score who are looking for quick vault keys. That’s always tough. Listing your own key will give you the option to pick from those people rather than competing against them.

Since you’ve come here asking for advice, there are a few things you can do to improve your character. They might not help you get invited to keys through the group finder, but they will help you to get invited to stay if you get into a group that’s planning to do more keys. Those things are:

• Gem your gear.
  • Enchant your gear (weapon, back, wrists, legs, boots and rings - waist is a bit more expensive).
  • Enchant your head piece (you must have the enchant item from the raid quest by now).
  • Get 2 embellished crafted items made (look on Wowhead for what’s best for the content you do most).

Ret is in a good place at the moment, and at the level of keys you’re doing, not having the legendary yet won’t go against you. If you were asking about changing role (to tank or healer) to get into keys easier, I’d say that would help a lot, but I doubt changing to another dps class will make any difference.

1 Like

I will be installing that add on today haha!
But thank you
I have a blood dk alt I use but i don’t think i could handle the pressure of tanking high keys lol.
But again thanks for the input guys :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The struggle of Dps
Thee are so many people wait a bit too get the perfect match for there groop need a range with BL or meele with kick just wait there will be a view too pic

Being consider playing a Stier meta specc
Otherwise your own key

Switch to holy :ok_hand:

As for ranking up you dont need to change your specc at 2.4 Rating. In fact you play one of the best 3, if not the best Melee specc. I‘ve seen rets without leggy 3.4K ++ and i ranked quite high on a very less beloved specc. Now i really struggle getting invites. Would i play ret it would be easier to get invited for sure. So if you like the specc and can use its utility (and like doing so), dont swap. Play your own keys to gain, After a while you‘ll get invites

Still missing gems/enchants.

You’ll have that issue with most DPS classes unless you have a higher rating and item level than most other applicants and/or bring something the group needs (BR, BL, group buffs, or other utility in case of M+).

Your spec is currently in a really good place, arguably over-buffed, decent utility too, so it’s not a bad pick. Lots of people currently play Ret Paladin because of how strong (and comparatively easy to play) the spec is and because of the legendary. You’d still compete with these for melee slots if you played another DPS spec.

If you want fast invites, you’ll have to play a tank or a healer. I just leveled up a resto shaman, started to gear it, did a couple NHC raids right after dinging, and will hop into a HC raid later this ID once I have farmed more drake and wyrm crests to upgrade my stuff. Gearing a new character is fast if you zoom in on it.

But play something you enjoy. I have fun healing and it’s where my roots are, so I actually have a ball doing it and don’t view it as a burden or something I just do for more options. If you love the Ret Paladin playstyle, I’d stick with it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.