Should I move to more popular server?

Since I started playing wow I have been on my realm, though I played on other realms but never anything sirious. Since my realm has slowly been losing its population I have been thinking to moving to another more popular one. Btw my realm is still high populated realm for the alliance but its no longer the most popular one.

I have many characters on my realm, but I havent played most of them since WoD so I wouldnt really miss most of them, and leveling them to level 40 (new max level for wod characters) shoudlnt really be that hard, and I have 3 level boost so I can also use those.

I would still pay to transfer at least a few of my characters like my main and a few more, but I dont think I will be losing much besides some money.

Why should/shouldn’t I switch to a more popular realm? I have notticed more people in Oribos and ofc more items on the auction house. Will it be harder for me to earn gold on a more popular real? I sometimes have a hard time selling some of the items on the ah even though my server is a high population realm.

The key question is WHY do you want to consider moving? With so many options to be in different shards, cross-server, cross-faction, etc. then there’s options to do that in any server. The Auction House is opening up more in Patch 9.2.7 to allow fewer restrictions on certain items to be sold across the region rather than just within the server.

If you’re just moving because it’s not the most populated, that’s a waste of money as populations change all the time.

1 Like

If your realm already has a high population, changing won’t make you suddenly sell stuff more easily on the AH. In the upcoming patch 9.2.7, commodity items will be sold region-wide on the AH, which might make it easier for you to sell stuff.

The only reason to change realms is if you’re into high-end mythic raiding and your realm doesn’t happen to have guilds who are into that.

1 Like

A serious case of FOMO?

You’re on Outland isn’t that one of only 3 bastions of alliance power in the eu?

Not sure how much of a difference silvermoon or ravencrest will make for you unless you’re moving to a particular guild to raid.

I play on stormscale which is what maybe 5th on horde realms if not lower but is high, no need to jump to Kazakk or something just because they have more. Unless I was a serious ce raider and that’s where my new guild was

But… it’s not the biggest so everything else sucks.

1 Like

I never said that Outland sucks, but for the last few months, maybe even a year I notticed that I started seeing less and less people in the world, cities etc. For example I remember in Cata and MoP that during Midsummer there were many people on my realm in Stormwind and Gold Shire around fire doing quest ir getting xp buff…

This year I was lucky if I saw one person in Stormwind doing daily quests, but when I visited Silvermoons Stormwind there were constantly like 5-6 people around fine in Stormwind, and thats what I remember how it used to be before on my realm, Outland.

I am not sad that my realm is not the biggest, I am not even sure if it ever was, but WoW has been losing subscrubers and I started noticing that on my realm. Seeing myna people in the world just makes the whole world seem more alive, and I started to lose that feeling on my realm and its kinda making me sad.

I wouldn’t use that as a barometer of a dead server. Midsummer hasn’t been updated significantly since who knows when. I did my event meta in 2010 and not bothered with the holidays since.

As I said I have been notticing less people for months/years which makes sense as just less people in general play WoW, and I just gave Midsummer as an example as thats the last thing that I notticed that felt off for me.

Another example is that Outland forum is basicly empty and I remember reading it daily, thought even Silvermoon diesnt have forum thats active 24/7 buts ita much more actuve than Outlands…

After the debacle that was SL launch, i’d maybe move one or two characters to a more popular realm, though leave some on the quieter ones. I did this as most of my characters are on Draenor and Silvermoon, and ofc I was queued, however, I kept some characters on quieter realms (Kul Tiras) so I could play until the problems were sorted out.

Same question here. I already bought realm transfer. The problem I have now is which realm should I choose. Since I played alliance all my life, thats where I want to go. So far been hearing good things about silvermoon, but also ravencrest. Anyone can attest to that ?

My alliance is on Silvermoon, and it is Alliance heavy so to speak, can’t attest to Ravencrest though.

1 Like

We’re in the end of expansion lul. Once we get an actual date for the expansion it’ll pick up again. It’ll explode when the new expansion arrives. You’ll get queues again. It’ll die down again until 10.1. How fast this happens will largely depend on how well received it is.

The realm forms serve no actual purpose. You’ll probably find Silvermoon is kept alive by a small number of people.

Any comment on Ravencrest? I’m thinking to transfer but don’t know whether to choose Silvermoon or Ravencrest

I was also deciding between those 2 and as far as I can tell Silvermoon should have a bit more people, but if you are more into pvp than Ravencrest might be better as it used to be a pvp realm before all reams were changed to normal, and Silvermoon was a pve realm.

Though thats only what I read online what others said. I Dont play on those realms so I cant tell you from my experience.

Why don’t you try a character on each?

Maybe play a day or two on each, and guage it from there, checking the AH, the number of guilds etc. Then make a choice.

1 Like

I’ve rolled alliance on ravencrest as I am not sure if I’ll bother with season 4 so might just level a toon or two and maybe go back alliance for df with all the recent changes.

Ah has been lively selling low mats as I have a complete fresh start. Prices seem comparable to my old horde server.

Sw was busy not long back when I went to check some auctions, trade chat has booster so normally a sign that’s it’s busy enough to bother.

Can’t attest for guilds or progress as I haven’t even spoke to another soul yet but I’m only 20 odd and been questing.

Seems ok though

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.