Should I start classic era or Sod, or am i too late?

Whatever you try, all good options. SoD has exp buff and gold buff to catch up easily. It’s the only version where you can heal as mage and tank as shaman, rogue or warlock. There are leveling players on Era, you can find a group. You can also try hardcore and see how far you will go. After you die you can continue on Era.

cheers everyone for your input i think i’ve made my final decision, which is to level a character on SoD and hopefully be ready in time for p4 and see what the hype is about

4 Likes

Era is a lot of fun and the community is steadily growing again.

Just be sure to do your research before choosing your cluster and faction. PvP horde and pve alliance have the best populations. I understand PvP horde has problems with bots and gold selling. PvE alliance and horde communities are both pretty friendly. PvE horde is small, but still enough for people to raid.

My suggestion would be to level up a few sod characters, then play era until the next sod phase.

Easy. Level 50 can be reached in about 30-40 hours of /played. Max 50-60h if you have a weak levelling class and are not an experienced player

There’s a lot of doom speech about SoD but that’s true for all versions, people like to be dramatic.

That said SoD is the best choice. Phase 3 will last for a while still which means you can catch up easily and then roll into phase 4 with the rest of us. It still has this sense of wonder because nobody knows what will happen next, something no other version of the game can offer (dept retail but imo the “new” in retail really is just a recolour)

Come to the SoD side, we have cookies

2 Likes

it’s the best time of the remaining time :slight_smile: go for it tiger. my recomm. go shaman. lots of roles that all work out.

If you want a slow immersive lvling experience, we welcome you on “Fresh” era server on eu Zandalar Tribe, or if youre NA go on Deviate Delight.
Theres new communities of players that started to play there few days ago, server is not fresh but theres no one playing except for these communities, we all started few days ago, and its getting bigger and bigger.

You make the choice :slight_smile:

PS: Also Bliizard helped these servers by locking the transfers here, so we have a better experience. Feel free to come :slight_smile:

Well thank you everyone for inputs ive been playing now for about half a week on zandalar tribe and ive found a solid community, im even in a guild called freshers its actually wicked im buzzing having fun

1 Like

now is nice moment. you can chilly and slowly exp your char, find runes and do profs and you should be on time for phase 4 which will be amazing. highly recomend. i exp my alt now as well

Era is dead not only from gdkps perspective. Terrible pve/pvp class balance has its impact
Why play paladin in era if u can play sod where u can dps, tank, heal and where u actualy can be invited to grp in general without being memeed by ppl

1 Like

Not everyone plays paladin.

1 Like

And not everyone likes to heal as a ret paladin player
Same with shadow priest , enh shaman boomkin players

1 Like

i just checked my watch. it seems to be always a good time, to start a shaman. welcome brother.