Should I start classic era or Sod, or am i too late?

I’ve exclusively played retail since cataclysm and with each new expansion (aside from legion) been loosing interest in the direction in which the game is going, i’m holding out hope for the war within but from what ive seen my hopes arent high.

I really want a more slower, immersive wow experience so my obvious choice would be vanilla but upon loading up classic im met with a choice between season of discovery or classic era. i would just like to know which one would be best suited for me because im worried i maybe too late for SoD.

You are deffenitly not to late for SOD. Many players are taking a Break but they will be back for Last phase. We are lvl 50 right now and the last phase does not happen soon. Its the place to be for an immersive experience. It has exp buff right now but you can click it off. Era servers are to old and full of gold buyers

2 Likes

So if i take the time now an level a character in SoD what happens after phase 4 will i lose them?

We dont know yet. Maybe we will get extra realms or they will shift them to Classic era. They didnt have a plan yet but they said they will think about it what to do

that is really the one thing i was worried about is the thought of levelling a character to 60 just for them to be obsolete after Sod

Its a Journey, but yea we all have to take that risk, enjoy the journey, but era is dead and only gdkps. Not many are leveling

1 Like

its such a shame that era is dead but what i might do is play SoD whilst its the new popular thing and then make a classic era character and level that 60 just so i can say i did it lol

1 Like

You talking alot about “last phase” when there is alot of phases left for SoD.

1 Like

Maybe it is, maybe not. Depends on how good and long the lvl 60 phases will be. If p1 will stay the winner after all then he IS too late

so basically im relying on the fact that the first phase will be outdone by the others ones because the rest arent that good?

Most people were the happiest in phase 1 because there was some vanilla WoW spirit left in the game, but with better viability of most class specs.
The vanilla spirit left the game more and more with every phase. More runes, stronger runes, more complicated raid boss mechanics, some dumb spammable free exp and gold world event (+free preraid BiS equipment set).
The free exp+gold+equip is by the way a good arugment for people who are joining the game now. So a big + for you.
Phase 4 will be worth a try, but my hopes are low that the vanilla spirit will return to the game. I would count more on TWW expansion

1 Like

Imo lvl 60 will be the best Phase. But who knows. They will balance stuff and classes a bit and we even will have a ptr testing for lvl 60 lol

do i have any chance of hitting level cap (whatever that will be) in time

Yeah, leveling is faster than in classic wow and P4 will not be before quite a few weeks. I don’t know what is your usual playtime/week but if you play regularly you’ll catch up really fast and probably have time to get bored before p4 launches.

I’ve been in the same dilemma as you after playing HC for some time. Era didn’t feel good simply because everyone is fully geared and there is no sense of discovery anymore.

SoD, through it’s multiple phases allow players to catch up with everyone and share that feeling of novelty at every new phase.

Honestly? Doubt they’ll be obselete. I reckon they’ll return to era as basic level 60s with no runes OR be carried into a potential Classic + or SOD: TBC.

There’s exp buffs and incursions in SoD to level up very fast with and phase 4 (lvl 60) got delayed so you got time to catch up to lvl 60 if that’s all you care about.

Dont worth it. Sod and Cata is Timewaste. play Retail and wait for tww or wait for fresh and Play other Games.

Love when people write, like their opinions are facts.

I like sod, that is my opinion, not a fact.

2 Likes

Thats your opinion. Retail has become so bad…Not even worth trying anymore lol