Should I transfer or level a new character on a more populated server?

Hi, all.

I am on Dragonblight Eu and it seems to be a really dead server even though it says that the pop is medium.

I would really like to go to another server and find a decent guild with whom I could do some group content casually but the price for a transfer is quite steep and I also feel attached to my character to level another one.

What are your experiences with this dilemma? Perhaps reading your responses I will be able to make up my mind.

1 Like

How much gold do you have? Can you buy a token and put that towards the price of a transfer?

I would rather level a new character tbh as I’m a cheapskate and I’d feel really bad if I made a mistake and ended up on the wrong realm. Why not level up a new character and make sure you like the new realm, save up some gold then transfer the character?

All your account bound stuff will still be available on the new character so you won’t be missing out on much, you could make the character the other faction so you see story from the other side and make it more worth while and in the end you know you haven’t made any mistakes or wasted money.

3 Likes

I actually ended up moving servers. i am from Stormrage, which is also a fairly dead server. I moved to Draenor.

I simply to use the 120 boost from SL on a character on Draenor (i had already unlocked all the reputations with my orginal main a Mage before i quit early into BFA) so boosted a Zandalari Rogue as it was always a class i was interested in playing.

it really depends on why your moving… and ur intentions to move, if ur servers Dead… u can always check out ur server forums to see if u can get into one of the guilds on your server, this wont help the activity around u but atleast puts u in a enviroment where u can Find people to play with easier.

If this isnt a Option, u can look through the lists of other server forums to find a guild and make ur move based on the guild u end up going for. or you can just dive on ur Factions highest Popularity.

i wanted to go alliance in Early BFA, it became problematic though as all my friends were horde so are my family, so i ended up faction changing my Mage to allow me to instantly unlock all the Allied races on the horde as the reps directly switch maintaining all progress u had.

so i could Instantly unlock Mag’har Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, High mountain Taurens and Nightborne…

but the SL boost (if u intend to get it) prolly will make it easier on you then faction changing as it gives u 120 anyway.

1 Like

yeah if go to silvermoon realm if you are playing alliance, Draenor for horde, dont play on dead realms bro

1 Like

either buy the transfer with gold if you can or level a new character.

personally, i cant justify the server transfer costs as its really easy to level up, but each to their own.

edit: if you decide to level a new character and dont want to do it alone just hit me up, i am in the process of leveling a new alt anyways so just lemme know im down for whatever.

1 Like

Depends on your alts and the such. If you don’t have a lot of gold on your main, or are willing to take a hit through tokens, I’d transfer out.

1 Like
  1. Transfer your character but…
  2. only when they have a sale for it.
  3. Make a new character on the server you desire to join
1 Like

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I only have 100k gold at the moment and I might just do what you said. But first I still need to grind some rep for that Dark Iron character I have been wanting to play as.
Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.