Should Soar be an instant cast now that skyriding is "instant" for druids?

I might be wrong but I kind of view the dracthyr as the masters of skyriding considering Soar is their racial ability and they were the first playable class to be able to do it without a mount - but now that druids can switch to travel form and “instantly” skyride, I was thinking perhaps Soar should be updated too? Currently it has a 10 second cooldown and a short cast time, unlike druids.

What do you think?

7 Likes

Makes perfect sense, they really should rework soar

3 Likes

Drcthyr must be made like the druids

1 Like

You get a free vertical boost when you use it which is better than instant cast in my book.

1 Like

Even better yet just merge them into druids, let druids have drachtyr form and 7 specs in total!

2 Likes

I’ve always been more confused about the opposite. Originally, Druids had a 1.5s window after a shapeshift, aka the GCD, where you couldn’t do anything except move.

I’ve always expected some kind of animation where you see your character physically change into a bear or cat or bird or whatever, and giving flight form a 1.5s delay as a result before you can actually fly, but it’s not interruptable.

That expectation was born 19 years ago, alongside the expectation for a cat form quest.

None of them ever happened.

Then, over time, Blizzard added buttons that let you skip that 1.5s GCD so now hitting the actual shapeshifting button is a bad idea.

I am very disappointed in the state of druids. Very much so.

1 Like

This is true, I didn’t consider this. I guess it makes sense to have a short cast time for that, but not too sure about the 10 second cooldown. It would also be cool to have the option to fly in “instantly” without the vertical boost

I agree that Dracthyr should have an instant cast on Soar since they literally have wings. Druid must transform themself to be able to fly so if druid have instant fly then Dracthyr should have it too.

I agree, Dracthyr should always have been able to instant-cast Soar IMO. Even before druids could also use skyriding in their flight form. It makes no sense that Dracthyr can’t, and even less sense now.

Nuh uh, druid flight form is slower than skyriding mounts because it’d be crazy to go from normal running speed to 420% flying speed in an instant.
Do you want to be slower too?
And why in the world would you want to remove that awesome drachtyr take off animation?
That’s just crazy.

Soar costs no vigor, on top of the vertical boost you get.

I’m fine either way.

1.5 cast time seems reasonable.

On top of that we dont have an insta fly we also have a cooldown on soar aswell.
We get a flyboost on our cast time so its ok to have a cast time. But having a cooldown on soar is just stupid and should be removed.