Should the flightmodes be merged?

Hi,

I believe the current system of toggling between flight modes could be streamlined. Instead of having separate modes, why not implement a unified flight mode that uses the base movement speed of “Legacy Flying,” with optional controls to increase speed and transition seamlessly into Skyriding? I’m confident Blizzard could develop an elegant solution for this.

Furthermore, I find it frustrating that Skyward Ascent consumes Vigor, which is likely contributing to my frustration. Whether during questing or gathering professions, Skyriding often requires landing, and using Vigor just to ascend again feels cumbersome. While switching to legacy flight mode addresses this, it seems redundant since both modes serve essentially the same purpose.

One potential solution to reduce this frustration would be to remove the Vigor requirement for Skyward Ascent. It’s understandable for movement enhancers like the Surges to consume Vigor, but requiring it just to initiate flight on a flying mount feels unnecessary.

3 Likes

I would say they really coild give us one free vigor. Like let me start for free but once im in the air skyward ascent costs vigor again

They should make the old flying the default and let us manually select mounts we’d want skyriding to be enabled on or something.

5 Likes

Of course it should be merged. Singular system with the aspects of both.

Yes, of course they should be merged. Blizzard is just stupid not to do so.

Oddly, that’s how it worked for monks mounting from Zen Flight before the War Within. You could summon your dragonriding mount from your happy little cloud and it would act as if steady flight was enabled until you used an ability. I would be happy to see this kind of thing return as the intended behaviour for everyone. Or just give people the option to set their preferred flight mode for certain mounts.

2 Likes

They ruined one of my favourite things for absolutely no reason. :C

Yeah. I really miss being able to float up, summon a dragon and then whoosh away at my convenience.

There are some mounts that don’t cancel the cloud but you seem to get stuck at Zen Flight speed and the skyriding abilities do nothing but consume vigor unless you land again.

We should have the option to train for dragon flying so those like me that never ever like ever ever ever want to use the dragons don’t have to. Seriously next to scaling the worst thing that ever happened to this game. Reflects the nature of the current design team who have lost touch with the game. So no to any merging, just give an option to disable the nonsense.

I think dynamic flightmode is really fun, and I like it a lot the way it is right now.

Just scale old flying up to 710% and be done with it