Show Deserter Percentage in Group Finder

Sorry but communication is key in M+. You can not mute players and run with them. And it is breaking 1 key, not of all the players. The toxic player is to blame. Not the victim.

You can mute the toxic player only. It’s not like they are going to say anything useful other than bashing you. They will still see what you are saying, but in my experience they will not do anything you tell them anyways, so there is really no communication going on here.

I already do this and 100% time the toxic actually leaves after being ignored for a while.

Players stop pugging to avoid getting a deserter-% above X? I mean this solution is supposed to help Pugging right, what if it hurts it more than it solves?

1 Like

There is no risk if you don’t desert.

Also: you stop pugging because you are afraid if you keep pugging you won’t be able to pug? :smiley: That makes no sense to me.

Sigh, some groups are just hopeless. Don’t you ever pug?

1 Like

I am actually part of a community called Scared of Dungeons ((Alliance) Scared of Dungeons EU EN).

When I go for an m+ I first ask from this community and then get pugs. Members here are people who are not so good at tactics (including me) or tolerate others not being so good at tactics, and usually an ilvl that is considered low in pugs (if you look my toon up, you can see I am definitely a casual player). But, they do not flame/bash/call each other names and will stick out a dungeon run for 2 hours because they care about having fun and not about raider io scores.

None of these people are hopeless, but they definitely need some explaining of the tactics and a decent amount of tries to practice the boss before we finally down it. And I am happy with that, really.

The mentality is so different and refreshing and I just wish this could be a bigger thing than what it is currently. Wow is suffering from toxicity because people with different mindsets collide. They should be separated somehow.

2 Likes

I like communities like that. It is always best to play with friends or ‘friends’ :slight_smile: But there are also achievements for +10’s and +15’s. In the end people also want to time a dungeon instead of doing 2 hour runs…

Often these things do not work together. Since it is ‘not allowed’ to ask for a dungeon with asking for trying to do it in time. It is just hard to push a key with a community like that.

I have no problem with people wanting to do dungeons in time, I mean that is the main point of m+ dungeons.

But there are also people who just like to do keys not for the timer but for the harder mobs. Heroic and even Mythic is too easy after a certain item level and it’s not fun anymore. I’m not really sure this whole percentage idea addresses this now after reading all these comments…

Frankly I would like to have a type of M+ for casuals where there is no timer just to kill the harder mobs if you want to. But then how would you get keys? I don’t know. Oh well…

I have to disagree here.
I am in Scared of Dungeons aswell and we done plenty of 10+ keys on time.
There are some people who prefer lower keys, higher keys but at slower pace or are also fine with pushing keys. Not all keys that are run in the community takes 2 hours. Many also have a mindset that we always try for timer but if we dont do it, no big deal. SoD is not a place for people who only wish to push keys but to say we only do 2 hour runs and never push a key is wrong.

There is a difference in how to ask if you wanna push a key aswell. Things like “LF push need 400ivl big dps” or “Push key need people” I dont see anyone asking cause thats not how we are. But things like “Have a 10 key, wanna try to make timer but not a must” or “No big deal if its not timed but wanna try” are perfectly fine ways to ask imo.

Again there are many different people and playstyles.
I enjoy pushing keys but I have no problem spending 2 hours in one to help people get a dungeon done either, something I would never expect a pug to do.

Anyway I am sorry I took this off-topic.

I never said that. Other than that I don’t really see where you are disagreeing with me here.

This is the mindset I am talking about. You either want to push or you want to chill and be helpful, even the same person could be in a different mindset any day.

And the chill people and the people who are new to the dungeon get grouped up together with the pushers and this is what results in toxicity in the game. These two groups should be separated. Mythic+es focus on the timer and really some people don’t want to do that. Heroic and mythic is too easy but mythic+ is rushed. We need a middle ground where it’s not too easy and not too rushed.

1 Like

There is also Calm Keystones - Horde and Alliance versions which are doing very well also.

I was replying to Psjohly, as you can see in the top right corner.

Ah I see, sorry.

Completely off topic sorry about that but why are your messages in green?

There was an outrage towards people asking for +10’s in season 1. And then even an officer made a statement in announcements that people who want to do +10’s and higher should find another community. So I left.

I am also part of FailTrain (great community created at the start of legion), and it is always a struggle to find ‘common minded’ players when it is about higher keys. You have to accept the first player who responds. There is no problem in the < 10 groups, but when you want to push… Pushing by the way does not mean mistakes are not accepted. Those happen. Keys are getting depleted obviously. It is challenging content afterall.

Anyway; with pugging you have more freedom in signing for keys ‘on your level’. But people also get toxic faster. I would not recommend a penalty system for leavers.

1 Like

Ah I had no idea… I handed over the Horde one some time ago and am no longer running keys atm… I am just doing solo stuff.

Could you not make a 10+ chill key community?

MvP program:

1 Like

My messages appear in green because I’m an MVP. Blizzard staff post in blue :slight_smile:

If I had my way we’d post in pink :laughing:

Apologies because I’m also going to go slightly off-topic here! I’m interested in the ‘I’m Scared of Dungeons’ community. I’m away to check out the link but do they require use of voice chat?

I guess you’d have to ask them, I don’t know.

1 Like