#showtooltip doesn't work properly

#showtooltip doesn’t work properly on macros.
for whatever reason if you have a macro that performs an action with a condition. Like whether you are in battle stance or defensive stance, then it won’t show the correct tooltip if you have ANOTHER macro that switches stance. But ONLY if it also equips a weapon. Let me give an example.

If i use a macro such as:

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1] overpower
/cast [stance:2] revenge

it will show the tooltip for overpower if i am in battle stance
and revenge if i am in defensive stance (im lvl 17 so i don’t yet have berserker stance otherwise defensive stance would be [stance:3])

Perfect.

Now… if i make a macro such as:

/cast defensive stance

and i use that macro, then the tooltip for my overpower/revenge macro should read the tooltip for Revenge. Since the new macro puts me in defensive stance. This part works perfectly. The problem however is this:

if instead of

/cast defensive stance

I make another macro like:

/cast defensive stance
/equip (name of weapon or shield)

then it will switch stance, it will equip my weapon or shield. But for whatever reason… the tooltip of my other macro will not switch to Revenge.
all because of a weapon switch. It makes absolutely 0 sense. it will switch the tooltip if i hover my mouse of the macro afterwards though.

Hi,
I tried to replicate your described behavior with a druid on Retail and a rogue on Classic. Everything seems to be working normally.

Were any addons activated, while you were testing? My knowledge of the game tooltip is not that strong, but the macro is not directly influencing the game tooltip, it’s more like a flag. The game tooltip is handled by the interface/action button.

It is more likely an issue with the interface, than with #sowtooltip.

Regards

1-You can use stance, and other, conditionals with show. i.e. no need to rely on the spells below to assign it. #show [mod:alt]Lightning Bolt; Cloudburst Totem for example.

2-Just post the exact macros that don’t work and say what you want to happen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.