Shy noob, likes long walks in the rain, seeks similar

No, not really.
I just need help.
I really need some help finding my way about and am hoping that some kind samaritan here can point me in the right direction.

I AM an experienced roleplayer, however I’ve been away from WOW for over a decade.
Oh, my other issue is that I have brain damage, because of that I’ve gone from extrovert to anxious, stressy introvert.
This makes approaching active RP, of which I’ve seen plenty in-game, a bit of a hurdle.

I don’t really want to just join a random guild.
What I’ve been hoping for is to find an active RP ‘general’ discord server at least that would give me an ‘in’ to the community, even if no-one is ACTIVELY playing the game at times when I do (UTC 9am - 2pm ish)
At least I’d be able to get started to find out what’s going on.

I’ve tried Argent Archives, and searched the forums, but so far I’ve only found ‘glaive star’ which isn’t really an active community, being a guild directory and all.

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve come back, and I’m really kind of got that…
“I can see all the cool kids over there, but I can’t get close because of the man eating goat and the massive trench of lava in my way.”

Whilst I am tempted to distract the goat with my hungry battle pet ‘troll’ and use the troll bridge to leap over the lava, that seems like too much hassle.

Please folks, I am really, really lonely over here. Can anyone help?

3 Likes

You didn’t get a kind Samaritan Angel from your prayers, but you did get a creepy uncle.

So from what i have read, your problem is you are scared to approach people. Well luckily that is the most common problem and most of us have been there.
there are two ways to solve your problem:

Avoid The Flesh eating Troll
Find someone to be your buddy and help introduce you to the RP scene. this way you can build up your confidence and have someone rooting for you as you do. There are a couple of communities where you may find someone like that but it’s all based on race or Location (Example; if you want to RP a Draenei, find the Draenei Discord.) this is the way most take to break into the scene.

or, the way I did it.

Beat that Damn Troll till the Cops have to take you into jail.
Take the damn leap, tell your fear, anxiety and everything else “No, You know who I am, I’m ______, and I can’t be held back.” Granted this can sometimes mess up and you’ll embarrass yourself, I did, But you get up, and you continue till everyone knows who your are. It’s all about taking that leap, and hoping you don’t hit too many branches along the way.

Those sadly are my only two suggestions, mabye one of the people who aren’t me can help you better. Take care, don’t smoke, and eat your vegetables.

- love Dud

P.S. Whatever you do, have fun. And don’t go to Goldshire.

5 Likes

Update:

Don’t know if it is still running, but try out this bad boy

3 Likes

I could hug you!
Thank you, I just need to lurk in a discord until I can find someone who won’t be too unhappy with a random stalking them.

Even creepy uncles need hugs too!
Thank-you so much x

Dudflex the literal god strikes again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.