Silenced (Chat Mute) - Cannot get invited/invite to Arena Teams

I don’t mind profanity or toxicity, I enjoy it even. But I’m not dumb enough to do it on public channels.

You’re not the victim being treated unfairly. Get over it. Stop being toxic.

1 Like

I am not the only victim and i am being treated unfairly. I will get over it the 25th, it’s nothing about being toxic, its about people mass-reporting and an automated ban system.

to be fair to OP here, it really is a bunch of BS that you can’t reply to whispers (i understand not being able to initiate a whisper, but when someone whispers you, it sucks not being able to reply) and that you can’t invite people to your arena team. the only current workaround is to pass captain on to someone else on the team and have them invite.

p.s imagine shilling for blizzard and being pro censorship because muh euylya.
people died for your right to free speech and you’re happily and gleefully throwing it away and almost mocking someone for standing up for what SHOULD be his human rights, albeit inside a game.

if every company that works online follows in blizzards, twitters and all those other companies’ footsteps for the next 20-30 years you won’t be able to express yourself anywhere, and then you’ll deeply regret it.

1 Like

You alledgedly told them to “F off”. What did you actually write?

When it comes down to it, people don’t actually believe in absolute free speech. This includes death threats, libel yelling fire in a movie theater and more. Certain forms of verbal harrasment are illegal in every country, and Blizzard taking a stronger stance against on their platforms it isn’t worth getting triggered by.

It always goes like this, person X says something people don’t want in their shared space, person X gets punished for it, person X gets on the moral high horse claiming to be the victim regardless of what person X said or did. And then when people openly disagree with person X the only rebuke is “muh freedom”, not justifying the initial behaviour, because disagreement is treason (as evident by spinning the whole thing to be about moral virtues that one shouldn’t deny, even though they are completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand).

1 Like

No. It always goes like this.

Person Y is bad at the game, he/she is silent, he/she wonders around solo, depressed, not doing anything productive, being bad, not understanding anything, not prepared to take critisism.

Person X is in the game, getting punished by losing the game due to this player. He notices this and feels upset about this. He feels upset because he is wasting his time trying to win.

Person Y gets told by Person X to go F himself. Person Y is just an empty void, ready to sabotage for anyone in the best way he/she can. So he/she does not meet the critisism, he /shecalls for others to stop the critisism. In this case, he/she called on other players to file a report.

Now: I will be muted for 16 days. I will still play battlegrounds. I will NOT be able to communicate or give commands, give tips about where flag carrier is or anything.

Which leads to: My teammates now has to play with a person unable to communicate. Thus making it worse for other players.

Ah, the “fair and constructive criticism” of telling someone that they are bad with the intent of insulting them.

Maybe count to ten and take a few deep breaths before typing anything when upset, if you can.

1 Like

Why dont they BLUR out the F word if i write it? If they dont want toxicity or anything should be a party of the game? Why should you only be able to filter that out with the profanity filter?

It’s not the F word in itself that’s the issue here. It’s okay to write and use it, I think maybe more than half of the playerbase do. If the word offends you then you can turn on profanity filter. Yet, mysteriously, more than half of the playerbase don’t get reported for using the F word, I wonder why that is

1 Like

Half of the playerbase are not getting snitched on by you pathetic people. Now you wont have to wonder.

And you think that’s it? Most people don’t use the word to insult other players. The F word is irrelevant, you can make really harsh insults without it.

1 Like

You’re arguing against yourself here. Why would they need to blur out your F if it’s free speech? Arguing for mature language filters (who can fail to pick up some things you know), how is that not ‘censorship’ in your own ‘free speech’ view? How about not being a piece of s to other people… seems like a nice solution for everyone.

Maybe become better at PvP then you don’t have to start arguments in battleground chat that end in you telling people to F off and get silenced by Blizzard.

If you lose a lot of games, the common denominator is you. Better learn to communicate in a constructive way with your team instead of blaming them for your failure.

1 Like

I think you deserve that mute. It would be one thing to molest a women (like a lot of blizz employees), but telling others to F off? We dont need that toxicity here mate.

Haha thank you for that one :smiley:

You’ve been reported by way more than 3 people to get a silence.
And 16 days tells me this is hardly the first time you’ve been silenced.
And I can only LOL at your “free speech” claims.
That doesn’t apply to a video game you absolute goober.

No, it shouldn’t.
Free speech isn’t related to you playing a video game, at all.
The fact that you cannot see that speaks volumes about your IQ.

3 Likes

Theres the idiot again.

Maybe you should read the news and polls. Nationalism and christianity are rising all over the world.
And we are taking names.

Hahahahaha.
:joy: :rofl:

Your idiot laughter will soon be a distant echo…

Oh nooo.
Whatever will I do, some no-name guy on a video game forum is threatening me.
Oh I am just SO scared.

Lmao.
:rofl:

1 Like