Simulated Raid

I always meant to try this but never got round to it. Did a test and it works very well…

Normally, if your group forms multiple parties, they are unlikely to see each other in same zone shard. But using the setup process further down, it’s quick and easy to simulate a raid with multiple parties - that can all see each other in same zone shard.

This could be useful when doing WPvP such as AOO or assault ganking. You will effectively have a raid, but any that want to can still do non raid quests. If in Nazjatar, your multi parties can quickly be converted to raids and put into lfg when battle starts.

This will work best if you’re in a WPvP guild or community, see links further down.

Simulated Raid Setup

1. Tell whole group to go to exact same spot in a zone. That would be done for raid formation anyway.
  2. Everyone leaves group if already in one.
  3. The players that can see each other in same shard will form parties, and invite the players not in that shard to them. Pad the parties with lfg if needed. Changing party leader doesn’t affect shard.

Now the multiple parties can all see each other in same shard - use a guild or community vc+text chat channel as raid chat. Good idea to mark certain players in other parties to keep track of them.

I didn’t try moving to another zone, but I expect group will need to repeat above steps to re-form the parties.

Join a WPvP community

Horde and Alliance WPvP guilds and communities

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.