Since when is a Dagger NOT a one handed melee weapon?

I equipped x2 daggers on my Rogue as I don’t like maces and can’t get a pair of decent swords, I have one from the rare in ZF but the so and so won’t play ball with the other…
Now my dispatch ability doesn’t work as apparently, according to the red comment that appears Dispatch "Requires a one-handed melee weapon in the main hand !) I dunno what a Dagger is if not a melee weapon, maybe someone from Blizzard can explain that to me?

2 Likes

True.
It even says “Require main hand weapon”.
I had this question myself but always ignored it…

Somehow it has been an entire xpack where you need anything except a dagger into your Main hand for Outlaw to work…

Yeaah. I ask myself this question from years know.

In addition for some reason you cannot transmog daggers to swords/maces/fists/axes and vice versa, but sword to another melee weapon (besides dagger ofc) is possible and that isn’t confusing at all.

1 Like

Well, it’s not like this could get any weirder by some daggers being larger than some swords, right?

…right?

That is most likely because classes that can use 1H swords can also use maces/axes. But they can’t use daggers.
The same reason you can’t transmog 2h axes to swords etc. (Sadly?)
The same reason you can’t transmog 1h weps to 2h weps. (Sadly)

I think this could have some sense if not for the argument from Yeetheart. Who cares if your sword looks like a dagger, when daggers are sometimes bigger than swords. It’s not like somone at PvP judge what spec you are or even class by the look of your transmog weapon.

It’s not about looks.
It’s about classes bieing able to “use” (transmog) weapons into weapons they’re not supposed to have.

What I said previous basicly…
Imagine a mage with a huge 2h sword.
Imagine a rogue with double 2h sword.

I also believe daggers should share transmog with 1h swords but that is not how Blizzard intends it.
As long as there is a class/spec that can use a weapon but unable to use a different, they do not share transmog options.

Enhantment shaman comes to mind.
They can use 1h weps but not daggers.

That is also why mage’s can transmog their offhand to a shield.
Or actual shield wearing classes (prot warr?) to a offhand that is barely visible. (That’d be cool though)

For Fury warrior this is an eternal topic.
Who doesn’t want to dual wield [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]…

That is not true. All classes have so called “preferred weapons” which will allow them to use certain abilities when these preferred weapons are equipped. Enhancement shamans for instance, require either dual axes, maces or fist weapons to use their skills. However, as far as I know every class can equip a dagger. Shamans certainly can. Atleast this is how it has been for most of WoW history.

On the other hand, rogues dont need to dual weild daggers to use their abilities, they can have a one handed weapon of a different kind in their off hand if they like. As far as I know the same is true for Outlaw rogues.

Also

This is exaggerated and very different to when we compare daggers to 1h - swords.

I think it is about time they let daggers be transmogged into other 1h weapons.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments, very interesting.
There was a time when Warriors could dual wield 2 hand swords, I THINK it was a Fury build but cannot be completely sure as my memory aint what it was, but, it DID look a bit ungainly imo :wink:

Eh?
They could ever since TBC.
They still can.
That’s the entire reason why ppl play fury warrior :rofl:

You know it is a thing with all classes that can equip swords with Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker, right?

Even Sub rogue can wield on the shoulder a fluffing big sword, because it is transmogable with 1-hand weapon Sub can use as offhand. Same thing with mages.
And don’t even start is a 1-h weapon - is huge as fluff, and can be easely consider as 2-hander, especially to the people not playing from the start.

Since first classic three expansions (especially in that period of time) Blizz don’t gave a flying banshee about that. Nova days is more restricted with all “preffered” weapons Croweley mentioned. Word “preffered” is an irony on its own, because it is far away from “preffered” - it is a must have weapon if you want to play your spec. You don’t “preffer” it, you can’t play properly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.