Single account players are paying for multiboxers

Here is how it works:
You farm leathers on your character hoping to get some “raw gold” for whatever you are trying to get. After 15 minutes (IF YOU’RE LUCKY) there are 10 druids appearing, they get set up and BOOM! Your time is up. And you can do nothing. They claim that multiboxing is not against the rules. But when you see each of these druids instant cast-kill-loot-skin “macros” you can all but wonder…

Now to my point:
Most of these multiboxers on farms are paying for all their accounts with blizzard balance using tokens they get from the AH. At same time as NOT paying into the game (and blizzard itself) at all, they take over and destroy what players who pay their subscriptions with real money wanted to try.

You can say: just get over it etc but it does not seem fair when in a game you love you cannot get things you want simply because “BIG COMPANIES*” are winning again. *yes i call multiboxers that.

(EDIT: misspells)

3 Likes

Correction: Blizzard does gets paid. Those tokens you can buy on AH have been bought with IRL currency by the seller.

Multiboxers do introduce competition where there isn’t meant to be one. Herb and ore nodes have about 10 stacks each, and despawn a minute after being looted once, giving several players the chance to harvest them. This was done after WoD in order to combat realm hoppers who were essentially stealing herbs from a small server and adding it to their own.

What multiboxers do is revert to that effect. When a train of 10 characters gets to a herb it despawns instantly like it did back before the stacks, essentially forcing you to compete with them. If you can get to a thousand Zin’anthids in an hour, a train of multiboxers can get 10k, which they then dump on the AH and force the prices to drop by a ridiculous amount. At one point they’ll target another server where the herbs still sell for more, transfer using gold because they can afford it, and destroy that economy next.

Multiboxing may be legal but it’s sure not playing by the rules.

6 Likes

I think OP’s point was that the “multiboxers” don’t pay Blizzard actual money. :no_entry_sign: :moneybag: They “pay their bills” with tokens they buy on the AH because they are filthy rich from slurping up ALL the mats and selling them.

So the actual RL money that goes into Blizzard, :money_with_wings: comes from dupes and noobs like me - I might maybe have had enough WoW gold to buy one WoW token, IF I could somehow scrounge together all the gold that all of my characters have ever made, ever since I started playing back in TBC :grin:

I’m not mad, :slightly_smiling_face: but I totally understand that some people might be. It doesn’t seem fair. Like if people from one country went to another country and took all the resources there, and sold them, making vast fortunes, leaving the second country completely barren and empoverished.

4 Likes

USA! USA! (seems fitting with your explanation,Gawrdon)

2 Likes

What bugs me about it is when they stop or hinder people playing the actual game from doing their quests, and also the whole lack of ethics behind it.

I don’t really care if it’s within the rules, I report them anyway with the explanation of why it was hindering gameplay of regular players questing etc., if Blizzard just file my report in the trashcan, so be it. At least I did my part to try and stop it.

4 Likes

I would attempt to report them for griefing–one could argue (very technically, but on the off chance it actually works, who cares about technicalities?) that parking a herd of boomkins on a spot and instakilling all the mobs that spawn without letting other players get any kills of their own for quests/WQ/whatever counts as “behaving in a disrespectful manner,” as per Blizz’s code of conduct.

6 Likes

Those tokens are bought with gold that the original token buyer could not get as easy due to farming being monopolized by multiboxers. Essentially - a multiboxer harvests all the gold then sells it back to a player that was stopped from earning (that gold) in same way.

I was once whispered by a lvl 1 character of a multiboxer for trying to get some kills on edge of their 10 moonkin instafarm. They told me that i ruin their gameplay.

Then there was another one who not only offered me skinning of all the mobs they killed but even told me they can let me know if/when they would be farming again.

There are Players and there are players.

3 Likes

I report these people for cheating every time I see them. Why using third-party software to control multiple characters is allowed is beyond me. Doing this in EVE Online gets you banned pretty damn quick and for a good reason. This stuff causes a massive oversupply of raw materials on the market, making prices drop significantly. This makes it seem pretty pointless for the average player to go out farming materials, due to the low income you get from it.

Additionally, if they use the gold to buy WoW Tokens, you’ll also see the prices of these increase (In theory. Prices have been stable for a while now), making it even more difficult for the average player to buy these for subscription/b.net currency.

Also worth noting that there probably aren’t all that many WoW Tokens on the market at all times. I tried to buy one a couple of weeks back and just got an error message that there were none available on the AH.

tl;dr
Multiboxers f*cks up the economy and should be banned.

4 Likes

Huh… well how about that! I got an ingame mail from customer support today, thanking me for a report I made and that it had helped leading to actions against the player(s)/account(s) involved. And the only ones I’ve made recently were against the multiboxers.

So apparantly once in a while it doesn’t go completely unnoticed :slight_smile:

7 Likes

it seems that Blizzard has acted against multiboxers by punishing players that don’t use multibox programs.
Quilrats in Drustvar do not drop leather anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.