Skewed effects of currently planned changes to versatile

Thank you Blizzard for attempting to fix many perceived issues with the current arena meta! However - as much as the versatile corruption is overused currently - only nerfing that corruption will have extreme skewing effects on the current meta. Specifically, I would expect that this will push casters over the top since most casters were already just on the edge of going for haste (or mastery) spam instead. Whereas melee classes will now have to take markedly less powerful options. Please take this into account now rather than later as this is a predictable outcome with the current fixes in mind.

Sincerely
Jeppeapanx, S4 glad, crying Demon Hunter

2 Likes

+1
and please continue! :slight_smile:

ppl will lose 5-7% vers so nothing will change at all

Warlocks/mages will take even less damage in stun due to C+S update, while melee still eat bolts for their full damage since they’re just rooted.

I agree it’s not the end of the world but I’m curious why there was no nerf to haste stacking.

Can all casters lose 7% haste in that case, cause nothing will change?

Just remove the “defensive portion of versatility is doubled when stunned” clause from conflict major and there’s no problem with versatile stacking IMO.

im bad at math

but how does 35% nerf convert into a 5-7% nerf?

Its not a straight up 35% nerf to all versat…its a nerf to versat amps only.

1 Like

oh like that, then its not as bad as people say then

so if you stack the versa on procc thats actually quite strong still

Yes it is :slight_smile: Since people who spent echoes on versa amps are getting both survivability and damage nerf, meanwhile other classes (locks/mages) who are already OP effectively get higher value for their haste/mastery amps due to others doing less damage and taking more damage.

1 Like

locks and mages stack versa as well btw

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.