Skill Issue

;/ rly hard and these are rly out meta classes! just shaman maybe was hard but you played healr so even people with 500 cr more then you invite anyway-.- anyway your stat are strange are you a star boy?

Would it really be skill based if we made PVe gear and PVP gear exclusivly different? Wouldn’t the problem be the same in the end? You would end up in an arena or rated bg with your low pvp gear trying to get higher. matched up against scrubs to you eventually reach 1200 rating before you’d be matched up against the geared pvp’ers. and your rating would rise and dip up and down forever. The way things are now, you at least have two options how to get a foot inside the door don’t you? If we truly wanted it all skill and no gear, Then Ilvl would have to be disabled completely in pvp wouldn’t it? everyone scaled, No exceptions.

Basiclly. Eventually in every expansion. You will reach a point where more people have gear than those who do not. If we made pvp gear exclusively for pvp the same would apply, and lower or late/pug pvpers wouldn’t keep up with the ones ahead. And unlike m+. In pvp unless you win and increase your rating, You wont get gear at all once you start getting matched up against those ahead of you.

Well BRO you see if ONLY we had 2 sets of pvp gear and not 10-12 like we do now… (all upgrade tresholds being considered a different ‘gearset’), maybe it would not be much of a difference.

If only it was as if that actually worked from TBC —> WoD and no one complained. If only having 1x static ilvl in PvP for honor gear and 1x static ilvl in PvP for arena gear would solve this issue, and keep upgrades being PvE only.

If only…but we can dream, right?

Ehm… do you mean cross the expansions when you say that? For shadowlands we only have the unrated and rated pvp set like always don’t we? At max level

We have unrated PvP with 7 tiers of upgrades. That’s 7 different pieces of gear, admittedly and ultimately.

Then PvP that have 5 tiers of upgrades bar for weapons, which have 6. So based on rating tresholds, there are 6 tiers of gear for PvP

By that logic, there are a total of 12. The difference between honor gear & arena gear in PvP is huge (158-197 to 200-226)

So, my friend, instead of having 2 blankets of ilvl we have a dozen times more than that. Henceforth, my proposal was always to make all PvP arena gear 7 ilvl above mythic raiding gear in PvP environments, and honor gear being the same ilvl as heroic level gear while in PvP.

Their PvE item-levels can then be upgraded I guess that much I don’t care about but it’d help people who do both

That also solves the issue of gear disparity in instanced PvP combat and it’s something like WoD where PvE gear had a cap, PvP gear was the best for PvP and more importantly it was static across all levels of play - meaning that while we’d have 12 different ilvl blankets in PvE, in PvP we’d only have 2 feasibly, honor & arena.

Wouldn’t that be a big step in the right direction or am I missing something

This is the issue highlighted kinda perfectly. The stats given compared to the item level are far too high. And youve upgraded them. If they weren’t upgraded, so 158 and 200, that’s 42 item level difference, which is even worse.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.