Skill Issue

We all know Preach was asking a PVE question and he got a PVE answer.
Since nobody really cares if you are 26 item levels below everyone else (you just aren’t invited, so no problem here)

That just shows this game is PVE oriented, nobody takes pvp seriously, AWC just highlights how many ppl care about pvp these days.

Just for a flavour, i’m bringing up maths about ION statement, that gear gap is fine, it’s a skill issue - but in pvp aspect only:

Let’s use first, oldest xpac for pvp, where actual season gap wasn’t THAT BAD: TBC
with stats as they used to be back then

Item level 136
365 - 549 Damage
+55 Stamina
+42 Strength
Critical strike rating 42
Resilience 33
Bought with honor in season 4

VS

Item level 154
404 - 606 Damage
+66 Stamina
+50 Strength
Critical strike rating 50
resilience 33 (arena obtained)
Bought with arena (conquest) points in season 4

s4 weapon compared to s2 has:
20 more item levels
10% more dmg
20% more stamina
19% more strength
19% more crit
0% resilience / versatility change

Now let’s do the same thing for current SEASON ONE and compare the gaps:

(ilvl 197)
127 - 212 Damage
+63 Strength
+105 Stamina
+49 Haste
+72 Versatility
Bought with honor in season 1

VS

(ilvl 220 just for realism, 1800 is obtainable for most):
156 - 260 Damage
+77 Strength
+138 Stamina
+49 Mastery
+88 Versatility
Bought with conquest points in season 1

220ilvl weapon compared to 197 honor weapon has:
23 item level difference almost like tbc BUT
22% more dmg vs 10% dmg in TBC IN TWO SEASONS DIFFERENCE
31% more stamina vs 20% stamina in TBC IN TWO SEASONS DIFFERENCE
22% more strength vs 19% strenght in TBC
22% more versatility vs 0% difference in resilience in TBC

nah, it’s fine, it’s cool, u just suck, single piece is almost twice stronger than two seasons difference weapon upgrade ;]

all good, line it

15 Likes

Math dont lie, now lets see how many git gud sucker will come in this topic cause they cant even read numbers

and then multiply by borrowed powers and multiply by gear difference. if you’re 100 hp and opponent is 80hp, your gear tunes your ability at your hp level making it even more bonkers.

anybody saying gear doesnt matter is just plain delusional.

only reason gear doesnt matter anymore is when you climb high enough where everybody got the gear…

5 Likes

Of course gear matters, I hope nobody really expects to win naked. Got 1,8k with covenant gear + upgrading on the way there. Played with random, equal geared people from lfg. So if gear matters as much as people claim, it should be not possible?
Also the OP got to almost 1,8k with his 195 ilvl rogue (probably even lower when he started). Was it a boost or just a contradiction here?

1 Like

Git gud, just line it br0, kick it in stealth, be a jedi predict stuff from happening!

2 Likes

Git gud, just line it br0, kick it in stealth, be a jedi predict stuff from happening!

i rly see a star on a discord name like you? mhh

it was when rogues were kyrian, i didn’t touch that rogue after that, stupid gameplay, didn’t enjoy it

1 Like

You forgot about trinket versatility buff xD

1 Like

Keep in mind the TBC items you’re looking at went through 3 stat squishes. It’s not much of an indicative unless we look at the real items from TBC. If you squish the stats 3 times, then the Shadowlands weapons will barely have any difference between them too.

that’s why i took stats from real tbc database, not retail one (if you look at them :stuck_out_tongue: )

I think he means the value you get by every stat. For example strength stat give you now different amount of ap per stat then it gave you in bc. Also back in the days it feels even more stronger getting a single upgrade. Bc is not the best example for it imo.

what a surprise, a BM hunter, one of the least gear dependent classes can get to 1.8k by running around spamming /lol while pressing 2 buttons.
BM hunter is S-Tier, of course it is much easier than lets say enhance that just falls over flat in any opener through wall lol

1 Like

Oooooh. The item levels misled me and made me think it’s the retail ones.

Ye nobody said with which class it’s “hard”. Is not like we have bunch of rets with more gear being stuck or like this rogue guy with 220 gear crying he can’t climb and that was before the nerfs.
We should stop pretending like we have so many classes in a bad spot right now, that’s simply not the case.

that’s my alt u dummy, i said i played it for like two weeks because i didn’t like the gamestyle of overpowered class

? I wasn’t talking about you rofl…
I was talking about this guy:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/archimonde/steyne

oh, must be some other post, i was the only rogue mentioned here tho

it doesn’t matter if a class like enhance is considered very strong (in 3s) but it is absolute trash in 2s and without gear you do like nothing.
It is always the people coming with OP classes or classes that can play naked and claim hey look at me I climbed to 1.8k in no gear, you all suck and need to l2p

I am not talking about 3s. Same I could have done (or did already) with rshaman, mage, rogue, holy priest, druid, pala, etc. Every class is viable right, at least now until 2,1k.