Skinning doesn't yield meat, even with Meat Carver specialization

I’ve thrown points into Harvesting → Meat Carver, and since then I’ve been keeping an eye on what comes out of skinning. I haven’t seen a single meat across the many animals I’ve skinned, and it’s been a couple of weeks now. I also never saw meat produced in all the time I skinned before activating this specialization.

I’ve seen reference to others with a similar issue, although I couldn’t find any note of it in other posts on the support thread here. Is it what I’m skinning, or a problem with my character, or does no one care because most meats are so common, everyone must be dropping meat crumbs all over the dragon isles as they do their gold weeklies?

Thanks!

Hey, did you finally find out which creatures gives meat when skinned ? Tooltip indicates only a certain type does… still trying to figure out which one… Does someone know ?

Would like to resurrect this topic. I genuinely don’t think this has ever worked properly, I have only seen very few creatures that give meat from skinning (Bruffalon in Ohnahran Plains around 77, 49 being the only one I have seen so far). I hope this is more worthwhile in The War Within?

For this to go 1.5 years without any sort of reaction from Blizzard isn’t a particularly good user experience either? Could some analysis be done on the rates of meat drop, overlap with creatures that yield meat generally vs. those that can be skinned and which ones are flagged to yield meat from skinning. It seems from the above that a very small handful of creatures will but it is a very small minority of them.