Sky golems everywhere

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any others experience same “discomfort” as I. I bought Sky Golem at the beginning of BfA because, lets face it, it increases effectiveness of herb collecting very much.

But here is what really bothers me. Nowdays there are tons of interesting mounts - glory every raid, drops from dungeons and rares, class mounts etc. etc., but in the end, they are useless because I still have to ride Sky golem if I want to be effective and not have to kill every mob near the herb.

I think it would be much better to allow everyone who buys Sky golem to herb from every mount they have. Ofc there are useables from BS to herb from mounts but with no offense i don’t **** money to buy them for every day.

What do you think about this? I’m quite sure I’m not the only one who feels this way. And allowing to gather from every mount (if you have Sky golem) would be very easy to do as the interacts are already made for BS useables.

2 Likes

I think they should just remove herbing/mining from mounts and druid forms altogheter and problem whould be solved(even with the multibotters to some extent). :roll_eyes: I’m sort of tierd of riding on my own sky golem on 3/4 characters i play.

Alternatively we could have a nice mastery system that whould teach our characters to gather stuff on mounts etc. Maybe give all mounts a level system(loke battle pets) and then give them points to spend. If we want a SUPER fast mount you can spend it all on speed talents or if you want a gathering mount you can unlock herbing, mining from the mount itself etc.

2 Likes

Agreed, feeling forced to use the ugly sky golem to herb is -not- fun.

1 Like

Use the blacksmithing items that lets you herb/mine while mounted on any mount. Makes that profession more useful as well.

Please, read my post once again. :slight_smile:

That is the only alternative
Reading your post doesn’t change that
They have solutions in place from crafting professions to allow you to gather so the function youre asking for already exists and at this point youre asking them to get rid of the function that does what its supposed to do for the same function that does what its supposed to do only slightly different

I have a alch/BS main and a Herb/mining alt, the stirrups farm themselves, besides, the Gear crafting professions are useless as they are, taking away from that only leaves 340 catchup crafted gear

The same story with Water Striders, why every mount can’t have a water walking after you’v got one of the type.

i think i am of an opposite opinion here, i’d like to see more mounts getting special abilities.
maybe some could reduce fall damage, others reduce the dismount chance, flying mounts could glide where flying is not possible/unlocked yet…

it would be a hell to balance though :S

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, it is all by choice.

Best wishes,
Thousandaire

Let’s say the upside of Skygolem and Waterstrider are enormous with the only downside being a lack of difference (and from a personal standpoint - the uglyness of Skygolem).

If I am in a dungeon or on my main (tailoring and enchanting) I use different mounts, but as soon as the character knows herbalism or I might cross water, why would I choose a more inconvenient route and not mount to the Skygolem or Waterstrider.

I kind of like this idea of small benefits of every (or most) mount depending on species or way to mount.
In my opinion they don’t need to be as big as the two I mentioned before but 2% speed increase of some agile mounts or the benefit of not getting dismounted on sturdier ones would be nice (and not to heavily unbalanced on my first thought).

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.