Skyriding suggestion

Posting here, because it’s the only category I can post in.

Since the TWW Alpha is out now and we can see where Skyriding (Dragonriding/dynamic flight) is headed, I’d like to suggest a small change to the way switching between the 2 different flight forms is done.

The current implementation in the Alpha requires landing and casting a 5 second spell, which is not only clunky, but also limits the amount of mounts people can use if they want to have a Skyriding and steady flight mount without having to switch every time.

It would be nice if instead we could use Skyriding abilities while flying to switch between the 2 modes.
Aerial Halt could put us into steady flight instead of just stopping us midair and hovering for a few seconds.
Using Surge Forward, Skyward Ascent, or Whirling Surge/Lightning Rush switches back to Skyriding.

1 Like

brilliant. 10/10 agree

No, that will just result in a clunky and weird mutant between normal and dynamic flight. Just choose one for the activity you’re doing at the moment. You really don’t need to be switching between them mid flight periodically.

1 Like

Wow, and the Patronising Post Award 2024 goes to…

No, I’m just saying it how it is. There are 2 flight modes, and they both have their benefits and setbacks that make sense, so you can choose which one is better for your current activity. Dynamic flight is much faster but requires user control, normal flight is slower but you can just afk and fly or hover in the air. This suggestion just tries to make a weird mix between them and only take the pros from both of them.

atm i switch a lot - when I run out of vigor or start doing some quest where precision flying is more efficient - now I’m gonna cast 5 secspell to switch? silly

That’s simply the price you pay. Both flight systems have their pros and cons. It gives you options and you can decide. Part of the fun of dynamic flight is the vigor management, that’s why vigor is in the game. If you can just completely disregard that and ignore it, what even is the point?

Dynamic flight rewards you for doing it right, and punishes you for doing it wrong. That’s how it was designed and that’s how it should be. Completely deleting the punishing part is what would be silly.

1 Like

I think they have a point though. At present you have to swap mount. In TWW you have to swap stance. Either way thats a cast.

Its worh noting you will only be able to DR in the new expansion until pathfinder is released. Old zones obvioulsy have both modes

or it punishes you for landing a lot - because you will run out of vigor if you land too often and the talent for vigor regeneration from mining/herbing is not always useful or enough.

Then use normal flight. The option is there. The problem is you just want the pros of both systems and cons of neither of them. That would make dynamic flight extremely boring.

Not to mention that if you play it right, herbing and mining is perfectly doable with dynamic flight. I have done herbing with it even before the huge buff to the herbing perk and all the new perks we’ve gotten since then. It was doable then, it is extremely doable now.

To be fair a cast time to switch between modes seems abit weird, although having both at the same time would not be good. Saying that mainly because that would ruin the “drawback” of the minigame of dynamic flying. If all you have to do when your vigor is exhausted is to switch to normal flying, it kind of loses the point.

What I would like to see more is the choice to “link” particular mounts to certain flight modes. With that option we can choose to dynamic or normal fly depending on the mount we choose (and also have the spell in game for those that want both options on the same mount).

I’d be happy enough if they just got rid of the stupid 5 second cast time to switch and made that instant. I mean we don’t have that now, i can land, summon a different mount type (which has it’s own cast time anyway), and then continue my journey.

Why is it they feel the need to put silly cast times and cooldowns on every single thing.

1 Like

If you don’t have to use more than 1 vigor to get from one node to another - yes but otherwise you will be running short soon.
Also, most of your posts are contrarian gibberish that make you sound like Dejarous alt/sockpuppet but i cba checking.

I think the required switch is fine. It is just like re-mounting. I don’t see why you would want to switch on the fly really, unless it is some warmode silliness.

How are any of my previous posts relevant at all? I presented my point, and clearly, based on other comments and likes here, there are people who agree with me, so I’m not just pulling stuff out of my behind.

I told you that the flight systems are designed in a way where doing this weird mix would go against it. I also told you that you can very easily do stuff like herbalism/mining with dynamic flight, if you know how to use dynamic flight (which is the entire point of dynamic flight, to have control and get better as you practice), thousands of players do it every day.

So far, your entire argument just stands on “I just want it”.

1 Like

What is different with Flight in TWW?

You can either dragonride or normal fly the majority of mounts and in order to switch you need to stand on the ground and press a button that takes 5 secs.

So like… changing a mount.

Well, I won’t be switching much. I’ll use proper flying when I can. If forced to Dragon ride for a while then I’ll suffer through it as best I can until proper flying is unlocked.