SL covenents in DF - how to choose one now ToF has been removed

Hi all, i’m trying to figure out how I can select a covenent, i’m on my 70 mage who cannot select a covenent nor enter Torghast without it kicking me back to Oribos everytime I jump in the Maw…the option to select a covenent isn’t available at the mission table, it’s just empty. Do I have to complete all of the campaign questlines in each zone AGAIN but on this/new characters everytime?

For those of you wondering, I want to learn the legendary tailoring items for the transmogs and need to get to the Runecarver questline.

Any help is much appreciated!

I’ve heard something about this before, but not detailed or reliable.

So I took a 60 Evoker. It received the quest Shadowlands - a Chilling Summons. I went to Stormwind Keep to meet Bolvar. I talked to the guy beside him, who offered me the skip to Oribos.

At Oribos. Fatescribe Roh-Tahl offers me Threads of Fate.

I then talk to Tal-Inara who tells me to check in the with Covenant representatives (Quest: Choosing Your Purpose) and make a choice.

I can then choose a Covenant and Join from the table in fromt of Tal-Inara.

What is the difference in your case?

I presume your 70 mage got to 60 in some other expansion? or boosted to 60?

Did you take the quest Shadowlands - a Chilling Summons? Can you get it from the Warchief’s Board?

How did you get to Oribos?

Hi Gráinne, Yes i’ve read a few posts around evoker being able to select ToF still and being the only class that can…but nothing else. I got to Oribos through the portal in Orgrimmar when I had a quest, can’t exactly remember how I got that quest but pretty sure it was a pop up in my log.

I just want to be able to get some recipes but it seems bloody difficult to get anything from this xpac compared to all the others. Another reason to hate SL lol.

Ohdamn.

QUESTS
Removed the ability for players who have not started Threads of Fate to access the system.

Developers’ notes: The goal with Threads of Fate was to help alleviate the linear path of Shadowlands for alts as it was the only way for players to level from 50 to 60. Now that Shadowlands has been moved into Chromie time and Chromie Time’s level cap has been increased to 60, players have a multitude of methods to reach level 60. Players currently in Threads of fate can continue through it, but the option will not be available for any new characters.

We do not have plans to do similar removals with Dragonflight’s Adventure Mode in future expansions. Threads of Fate is a choice to use in Shadowlands and irreversibly changes a player’s character once it is chosen. It previously created two different experiences of Shadowlands, which would double to four with both of the level up and Threads of Fate being accessible within Chromie time. Adventure Mode in Dragonflight is an overlay to the level up experience and is always on once it is earned regardless of decisions the player makes.

I didn’t know about Evokers being immune to this change for some strange reason.

We didn’t need another. :stuck_out_tongue:

That linear quest route + Threads always was a nasty kludge.

I’m sorry. I’ve done some searching, but I don’t think I’m going to find anything new.

But what about people in future who want to farm ZM pets or mounts, or transmog? This seems seriously messed-up.

Hm. Except this comment from 3 weeks ago. I’m not sure I understand it, but it seems to suggest that it’s back?

Rintastic

24 days ago Patch 10.0.2

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! For anyone coming to check if anything has changed, it has indeed and I’m not sure when. I did 50-60 on my priest today and ended my Timewalking in SL after barely scratching Maldraxxus. I came back because I wanted to finish the last quest I had and check if WQs would unlock or not because my gear is trash and the Primal vendor is gone atm.

And to my surprise The Threads of Fate was there except Fatescribe Roh-Tahl was found here instead of the usual place at Fatescribe Roh-Tahl. I will do some more digging to check if it’s there on other chars that had not started ToF yet and report back shortly.

Hmm, I think to be honest it’s either bugged or i’m going to have to do the entire campaign again. I have a 80 renown shadow priest that I used for the questing etc originally and I can’t use the renown catch up token becuase I can’t select a covenent, I think it’s all just very messed up. I am levelling a fresh Pally at the moment so I’ll see if that changes anything when I hit 50 and go from there. Typical Actiblizz! Thanks for the efforts though, really appreciate you taking the time to look in to it.

I tested this about a week ago by making a trial character and choosing to do the leveling campaign.

I also had a quest reminding me I can go talk to him again, but leveling in SL from below level 60 might not prompt this once you get to 60.

In the end you might simply have the NPC that allows Threads of Fate at a desolate corner of Oribos with no marker whatsoever, but it still gives access to ToF for levels 60+.

Hi Chronormi, yes I spoke to him but he just has a random dialogue option that ends the conversation, nothing to do with ToF.

I have a feeling it’s bugged on my mage, maybe as i’m level 70, i dunno! I will try it on my paladin when it’s level 50 see if it gives me an option then and play around with some alts to try and find out what’s working.

I can’t remember but I do have a feeling I used Chromie on my mage, so maybe I need to go in current timeline. Will take a look. Thanks guys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.